Nov 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
One day after Jimmie Johnson attained his Sprint Cup championship “6-Pack” at Homestead-Miami Speedway, the question is inescapable no matter where you look in the sports world: Where does the Hendrick Motorsports driver stand among the legends of NASCAR?
That question appears set to be asked for years to come after Johnson returned to the top of the Sprint Cup mountain last night with a ninth-place finish in the season-ending Ford Ecoboost 400.
NBC racing reporter Marty Snider talked about the subject with host Dave Briggs on today’s edition of NBCSN’s “SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports,” which you can catch every weekday at Noon ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4