Nov 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
One day after Jimmie Johnson attained his Sprint Cup championship “6-Pack” at Homestead-Miami Speedway, the question is inescapable no matter where you look in the sports world: Where does the Hendrick Motorsports driver stand among the legends of NASCAR?
That question appears set to be asked for years to come after Johnson returned to the top of the Sprint Cup mountain last night with a ninth-place finish in the season-ending Ford Ecoboost 400.
NBC racing reporter Marty Snider talked about the subject with host Dave Briggs on today’s edition of NBCSN’s “SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports,” which you can catch every weekday at Noon ET.
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 0
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- FIA WEC: Mark Webber preparing for possible wet WEC debut 1
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)