Nov 18, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
One day after Jimmie Johnson attained his Sprint Cup championship “6-Pack” at Homestead-Miami Speedway, the question is inescapable no matter where you look in the sports world: Where does the Hendrick Motorsports driver stand among the legends of NASCAR?
That question appears set to be asked for years to come after Johnson returned to the top of the Sprint Cup mountain last night with a ninth-place finish in the season-ending Ford Ecoboost 400.
NBC racing reporter Marty Snider talked about the subject with host Dave Briggs on today’s edition of NBCSN’s “SportsDash with Yahoo! Sports,” which you can catch every weekday at Noon ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3