Nov 19, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
KVSH Racing (formerly KV Racing Technology) made a splash recently when they picked up Sebastien Bourdais in a multi-year deal. Now, they’ve got a new sponsor on board as well.
Mistic Electronic Cigarettes will serve as co-primary sponsor for Bourdais’ No. 11 Chevrolet in the 2014 and 2015 IndyCar Series seasons. As part of the deal, the “Mistic Machine” (pictured) will be seen in visuals at Circle K convenience stores where the product will be available for purchase.
That’s a note worth mentioning considering that in recent years, some IndyCar Series sponsors haven’t always been big on activation outside of the track.
“We couldn’t be any more excited to bring the Mistic E-Cig brand to the IndyCar community,” said KVSH partner James Sullivan in a statement. “After announcing Sebastien Bourdais as the driver, this is the next phase of taking KVSH to new heights following the Indianapolis 500 win in 2013.”
Bourdais said in his own thoughts that he looked forward to representing the brand.
“Health is very important to me and I’m proud to be associated with a company that is looking to reduce the risks of tobacco smoking,” he said.
The Mistic colors will be seen on the No. 11 for seven races in 2014.
Photo credit goes to KVSH Racing.
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage plans to talk with IndyCar about potential changes to cars 4
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4