Nov 19, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
KVSH Racing (formerly KV Racing Technology) made a splash recently when they picked up Sebastien Bourdais in a multi-year deal. Now, they’ve got a new sponsor on board as well.
Mistic Electronic Cigarettes will serve as co-primary sponsor for Bourdais’ No. 11 Chevrolet in the 2014 and 2015 IndyCar Series seasons. As part of the deal, the “Mistic Machine” (pictured) will be seen in visuals at Circle K convenience stores where the product will be available for purchase.
That’s a note worth mentioning considering that in recent years, some IndyCar Series sponsors haven’t always been big on activation outside of the track.
“We couldn’t be any more excited to bring the Mistic E-Cig brand to the IndyCar community,” said KVSH partner James Sullivan in a statement. “After announcing Sebastien Bourdais as the driver, this is the next phase of taking KVSH to new heights following the Indianapolis 500 win in 2013.”
Bourdais said in his own thoughts that he looked forward to representing the brand.
“Health is very important to me and I’m proud to be associated with a company that is looking to reduce the risks of tobacco smoking,” he said.
The Mistic colors will be seen on the No. 11 for seven races in 2014.
Photo credit goes to KVSH Racing.
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0