Nov 19, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Racing has not always proven successful in Hollywood. The same can be said for video games. But what if the two came together and made a hit?
Surely, that is what DreamWorks and Touchstone Pictures are hoping to see out of its March 2014 action flick “Need For Speed,” which is an adaptation of Electronic Arts’ long-running series of racing games (pictured).
Here’s the story: Salt-of-the-earth mechanic Tobey Marshall (played by ‘Breaking Bad’ alum Aaron Paul) builds and races street cars outside of his day job. But when an unsanctioned race ends in tragedy, Marshall is framed for manslaughter by his partner, ex-NASCAR driver Dino Brewster (played by Dominic Cooper).
A few years later, Marshall gets out of prison and re-connects with his old pals, who, along with car broker Julia Bonet (played by Imogen Poots), join him on a quest for revenge against Brewster that plays out against the backdrop of the biggest underground race in the country.
And naturally, in the process, every traffic law is obliterated and a lot of beautiful, expensive cars get trashed beyond recognition.
For those of you looking for another racing flick after “Rush,” “Turbo,” and “Snake and Mongoose” hit theaters this past year, “Need For Speed” may be right up your alley. You can judge a little bit for yourself by checking out the full trailer above.
“Need For Speed” will be released on March 14, 2014 and has not yet been rated.
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 0
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 0
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 8
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 6