Nov 20, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
The awesome folks who produce the video for the IndyCar Series, IMS Productions, along with IndyCar directly, have put together this video tribute to the highlights of Dario Franchitti’s illustrious 17-year series career.
Franchitti entered as a 23-year-old with the Hogan Racing team in the 1997 CART series, then moved to Team KOOL Green in 1998. He captured his first victory at Road America later that year; his first win under INDYCAR (then IRL) sanction at Milwaukee in 2004 with Andretti Green Racing, and his first Indianapolis 500 and series title with AGR in 2007.
In 2009, after a one-year hiatus to NASCAR, Franchitti returned to IndyCar with Target Chip Ganassi Racing, and won three consecutive championships from 2009 through 2011. He added wins in the 2010 and 2012 Indianapolis 500s – the last of which proved his 31st and final victory in American open-wheel racing.
Here’s to the next chapter for the 40-year-old Scot.
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 0
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 1
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 3
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 2
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1