Nov 20, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
The awesome folks who produce the video for the IndyCar Series, IMS Productions, along with IndyCar directly, have put together this video tribute to the highlights of Dario Franchitti’s illustrious 17-year series career.
Franchitti entered as a 23-year-old with the Hogan Racing team in the 1997 CART series, then moved to Team KOOL Green in 1998. He captured his first victory at Road America later that year; his first win under INDYCAR (then IRL) sanction at Milwaukee in 2004 with Andretti Green Racing, and his first Indianapolis 500 and series title with AGR in 2007.
In 2009, after a one-year hiatus to NASCAR, Franchitti returned to IndyCar with Target Chip Ganassi Racing, and won three consecutive championships from 2009 through 2011. He added wins in the 2010 and 2012 Indianapolis 500s – the last of which proved his 31st and final victory in American open-wheel racing.
Here’s to the next chapter for the 40-year-old Scot.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6