Nov 20, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
The awesome folks who produce the video for the IndyCar Series, IMS Productions, along with IndyCar directly, have put together this video tribute to the highlights of Dario Franchitti’s illustrious 17-year series career.
Franchitti entered as a 23-year-old with the Hogan Racing team in the 1997 CART series, then moved to Team KOOL Green in 1998. He captured his first victory at Road America later that year; his first win under INDYCAR (then IRL) sanction at Milwaukee in 2004 with Andretti Green Racing, and his first Indianapolis 500 and series title with AGR in 2007.
In 2009, after a one-year hiatus to NASCAR, Franchitti returned to IndyCar with Target Chip Ganassi Racing, and won three consecutive championships from 2009 through 2011. He added wins in the 2010 and 2012 Indianapolis 500s – the last of which proved his 31st and final victory in American open-wheel racing.
Here’s to the next chapter for the 40-year-old Scot.
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0