Nov 21, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
A healthy contingent of IndyCar and Mazda Road to Indy competitors are in Las Vegas this weekend to race in the 17th edition of the SuperKarts USA SuperNationals.
One of the biggest events on the karting calendar, the 11-class SuperNationals weekend is being staged on a temporary track inside the parking lot of the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino.
Three IndyCar drivers – KVSH Racing’s Sebastien Bourdais, Team Penske’s Will Power, and Andretti Autosport’s latest hire, Carlos Munoz – are on the entry list.
Bourdais is racing as part of the Rotax DD2 shifter class, Power is making his SuperNationals debut as part of the TaG Masters class, and Munoz will be in the KZ2 Super Pro class.
As for the MRTI group, Indy Lights championship runner-up Gabby Chaves is back to defend his 2012 race win in the TaG Senior class. Another Indy Lights racer, Matthew Di Leo, and USF2000 champ Scott Hargrove are competing in the S1 Pro Stock Moto class. Pro Mazda pilot Zack Meyer will race against Munoz in KZ2 Super Pro.
Finally, 13-year-old Colton Herta, the son of Barracuda Racing owner Bryan Herta, is slated to run in the TaG Junior class.
A full rundown of the event format and schedule can be found on SuperKarts USA’s official website.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5