Nov 22, 2013, 11:24 PM EST
Time will tell if the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis on May 10, 2014 will be a dry race or a wet race. But reigning Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan got an early taste of how the newly reconfigured Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course fares in the rain when he took a Corvette out on the track earlier this week.
According to Curt Cavin of The Indianapolis Star, Kanaan gave the circuit a passing grade even though there’s still work to be done to get the track race-ready.
“If you have two or three places to pass in a 10-, 12-corner racetrack, it’s a pretty good track,” Kanaan said to Cavin about the numerous passing zones on the new road course. “We go to some tracks where we have no place to pass.”
You can check out Kanaan’s aforementioned ride in the Corvette above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4