Nov 22, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
Time will tell if the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis on May 10, 2014 will be a dry race or a wet race. But reigning Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan got an early taste of how the newly reconfigured Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course fares in the rain when he took a Corvette out on the track earlier this week.
According to Curt Cavin of The Indianapolis Star, Kanaan gave the circuit a passing grade even though there’s still work to be done to get the track race-ready.
“If you have two or three places to pass in a 10-, 12-corner racetrack, it’s a pretty good track,” Kanaan said to Cavin about the numerous passing zones on the new road course. “We go to some tracks where we have no place to pass.”
You can check out Kanaan’s aforementioned ride in the Corvette above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0
- Hamilton tops FP2 as night falls in Singapore 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- Report: Why Mark Martin couldn’t be Danica Patrick’s driving coach 6