Nov 22, 2013, 11:24 PM EST
Time will tell if the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis on May 10, 2014 will be a dry race or a wet race. But reigning Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan got an early taste of how the newly reconfigured Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course fares in the rain when he took a Corvette out on the track earlier this week.
According to Curt Cavin of The Indianapolis Star, Kanaan gave the circuit a passing grade even though there’s still work to be done to get the track race-ready.
“If you have two or three places to pass in a 10-, 12-corner racetrack, it’s a pretty good track,” Kanaan said to Cavin about the numerous passing zones on the new road course. “We go to some tracks where we have no place to pass.”
You can check out Kanaan’s aforementioned ride in the Corvette above.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 0
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5