Nov 22, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
There have been several confirmations and tests in the Mazda Road to Indy ladder over the last few weeks. Here’s a round-up:
- Lloyd Read has signed with Bryan Herta Autosport with Jeffrey Mark Motorsport. Neither operation ran full seasons in 2013; Read steps up with Pro Mazda, where he raced with JDC Motorsports.
- Canadian Zack Meyer has signed to the No. 2 car with Team Moore Racing. Meyer was Read’s Pro Mazda teammate at JDC.
- Announced at Fontana, Matthew “Matty” Brabham steps up to Andretti Autosport from Pro Mazda, and will team with Zach Veach in his second year. Brabham just completed his first test in the Lights car.
- Pro Mazda drivers Colombian Juan Piedrahita and American Spencer Pigot, along with Australian Formula 3 driver Hayden Cooper and English F3 driver Jack Harvey, have tested for Sam Schmidt’s team.
- Team Pelfrey has signed Brazilian Luis Felipe “Pipo” Derani and Canadian Dalton Kellett to its lineup. Kellett raced in all three divisions of the Road to Indy in 2013.
- Michael Johnson steps up from USF2000 to Pro Mazda with the same team, JDC. Johnson’s perhaps the most inspirational story in American open-wheel racing, as a paralyzed driver who races with hand controls.
- Belardi Auto Racing has signed Daniel Burkett, Michael Epps and Florian Latorre for 2014. Burkett and Epps return to the team with Latorre switching from JAY Motorsports.
- Clark Toppe has re-signed with JDC for a second season in the series. Toppe also raced a Kia Forte Koup at two Pirelli World Challenge Touring Car weekends.
- Aaron Telitz has won the Skip Barber shootout this winter with the reward a full-season ride in USF2000 at a team to be determined.
- Group-A Racing has tested at New Jersey Motorsports Park with Jonathan Scarallo.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Richard Petty is going back home to Level Cross, N.C. – the Richard Petty Museum, that is.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
The automotive, motorsports and pro football worlds are mourning the death of William Clay Ford, who passed away Sunday from pneumonia, according to a company statement.
Mar 9, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
The sports car organization ushered in its latest class last night in Charlotte.
Mar 9, 2014, 4:42 PM EDT
Leading the field at the halfway point of Sunday’s 267-lap Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, last week’s race winner at Phoenix, Kevin Harvick, is looking to make it two wins in a row.
Mar 9, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
We all know how difficult it has been over the last six or seven years for teams in all forms of motorsports to obtain sponsorship. While it’s difficult for small teams, it even impacts the biggest of the big, too. NHRA Funny Car legend John Force is in such a predicament. After nearly 30 years with Castrol Oil and more than 15 years with Ford, drag racing’s biggest star ever will be losing both high-profile and high-dollar associations at the end of this season.
Mar 9, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The 18-year-old Nationwide Series driver won last year’s K&N Pro Series East title.
Mar 9, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Pre-race crowd at Las Vegas appears to not know they have a Sprint Cup star among them…
Mar 9, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
The Texas-based firm provides processors for the ECUs that run the Sprint Cup cars’ fuel-injection systems.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Former Ferrari and McLaren driver discharged from hospital over the weekend after skiing accident.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Who are Kevin Magnussen, Daniil Kvyat and Marcus Ericsson?
Mar 9, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Heavy rain forecast for Australian Grand Prix; would be first wet race in almost 18 months.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Australian driver ready to race in front of home crowd for the first time as a Red Bull driver.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT
Spaniard laments lack of testing ahead of new era for Formula 1.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
Finn returns to Ferrari after five years away; hopes to repeat win on debut from 2007.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
In one moment, the former Sprint Cup champ goes from battling for the lead to battling to save his skidding Toyota.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
NASCAR says both issues will be dealt with early next week.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Plus: Dale Jr. is pleased with the work from his JR Motorsports teammates and RCR has more than a few speeding issues.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
“Rowdy,” lapped traffic, and a failing alternator were all unable to keep Bad Brad from taking the win.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The Nationwide Series driver is the first NASCAR racer to take part in a major anti-bullying program.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
After finishing seventh in the season-opening NextEra Energy Resources 250 at Daytona International Speedway, Jeb Burton will be back behind the wheel for ThorSport Racing later this month at Martinsville.
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)