Nov 22, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg is revelling in his clean sweep of the timesheets during Friday’s practice sessions for the Brazilian Grand Prix, and he hopes that this good pace will continue throughout the rest of the weekend as he looks to take the fight to the all-conquering Red Bulls in the final race of the season.
Rosberg finished quickest in both practice sessions on Friday at Interlagos as he tamed the wet conditions that look set to remain throughout the weekend. Despite being wary of the fuel that the Red Bulls were running with, the German driver is feeling confident.
“Today I had a good start into the weekend, and I was very quick in the rain even though we don’t really know about the fuel levels of the other teams,” Rosberg explained. “Therefore we need to read the time sheets with some caution. But generally I have higher hopes now that perhaps we can give Red Bull a hard time this weekend.”
With rain forecast for qualifying and the race on Sunday, Rosberg is hoping to capitalize on any errors that his rivals may make in the difficult conditions.
“We all know that the weather plays always a big role here at Interlagos and can catch you out. We were not able to run that much but the track feels really great and it was great fun to be out there and find the limit in these difficult conditions.”
Mercedes are looking to secure second place in the constructors’ championship this weekend and currently enjoy a fifteen point lead over third-placed Ferrari.
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 2
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1