Nov 22, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg is revelling in his clean sweep of the timesheets during Friday’s practice sessions for the Brazilian Grand Prix, and he hopes that this good pace will continue throughout the rest of the weekend as he looks to take the fight to the all-conquering Red Bulls in the final race of the season.
Rosberg finished quickest in both practice sessions on Friday at Interlagos as he tamed the wet conditions that look set to remain throughout the weekend. Despite being wary of the fuel that the Red Bulls were running with, the German driver is feeling confident.
“Today I had a good start into the weekend, and I was very quick in the rain even though we don’t really know about the fuel levels of the other teams,” Rosberg explained. “Therefore we need to read the time sheets with some caution. But generally I have higher hopes now that perhaps we can give Red Bull a hard time this weekend.”
With rain forecast for qualifying and the race on Sunday, Rosberg is hoping to capitalize on any errors that his rivals may make in the difficult conditions.
“We all know that the weather plays always a big role here at Interlagos and can catch you out. We were not able to run that much but the track feels really great and it was great fun to be out there and find the limit in these difficult conditions.”
Mercedes are looking to secure second place in the constructors’ championship this weekend and currently enjoy a fifteen point lead over third-placed Ferrari.
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 0
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 2
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 5
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4