Nov 23, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The new Grand Prix of Indianapolis needs a winner’s trophy – and that’s where you come in.
From now until Jan. 18, 2014, creative fans can submit their own designs for the prize. The winner will be recognized at an unveiling ceremony in February, and will also receive a replica of his/her trophy, two suite tickets to the May 10, 2014 event, and a post-race photo with the GP of Indy’s inaugural champion.
The winning entry will be determined by a panel made up of Indianapolis Motor Speedway executives, members from the Arts Council of Indianapolis, an IndyCar Series driver, and an IndyCar Series team owner. The panel will judge each submission on the trophy’s relevance to racing, its creativity, and its originality.
“We’re proud to join with the Arts Council of Indianapolis for this project that will connect our fans with this new and exciting event, and we’re all anxious to see the creative talents of our fans,” said IMS president J. Douglas Boles in a statement.
To submit your entry and for rules and regulations regarding the contest, visit IMS.com/TrophyContest.
Whoever wins the contest could see their trophy awarded to the race winner in front of a decent-sized crowd. Boles told the Indianapolis Business Journal this week that early ticket sales for the GP of Indy have been brisk so far, with the seats at IMS oval Turn 4 and Turn 1 among the most popular.
Boles is also banking on a solid box office result on the day of the race as well.
“We think this race could be a lot like the [Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix] MotoGP race with a lot of walk-up ticket sales,” Boles told the IBJ’s Anthony Schoettle.
- Long Beach weekend atmosphere thrills Roger Daltrey, as he promotes Teen Cancer America 0
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)