Nov 23, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The new Grand Prix of Indianapolis needs a winner’s trophy – and that’s where you come in.
From now until Jan. 18, 2014, creative fans can submit their own designs for the prize. The winner will be recognized at an unveiling ceremony in February, and will also receive a replica of his/her trophy, two suite tickets to the May 10, 2014 event, and a post-race photo with the GP of Indy’s inaugural champion.
The winning entry will be determined by a panel made up of Indianapolis Motor Speedway executives, members from the Arts Council of Indianapolis, an IndyCar Series driver, and an IndyCar Series team owner. The panel will judge each submission on the trophy’s relevance to racing, its creativity, and its originality.
“We’re proud to join with the Arts Council of Indianapolis for this project that will connect our fans with this new and exciting event, and we’re all anxious to see the creative talents of our fans,” said IMS president J. Douglas Boles in a statement.
To submit your entry and for rules and regulations regarding the contest, visit IMS.com/TrophyContest.
Whoever wins the contest could see their trophy awarded to the race winner in front of a decent-sized crowd. Boles told the Indianapolis Business Journal this week that early ticket sales for the GP of Indy have been brisk so far, with the seats at IMS oval Turn 4 and Turn 1 among the most popular.
Boles is also banking on a solid box office result on the day of the race as well.
“We think this race could be a lot like the [Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix] MotoGP race with a lot of walk-up ticket sales,” Boles told the IBJ’s Anthony Schoettle.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 13
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2