Nov 23, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
The FIA stewards have been busy after qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday due to a three indiscretions that have warranted their attention.
Ahead of the race weekend, the FIA released a guide to the pit exit at Interlagos in order to prevent the drivers from cutting across the white line as they have done in the past when entering the pits and completing a lap.
— F1 Fanatic (@f1fanatic_co_uk) November 23, 2013
However, both Max Chilton and Esteban Gutierrez failed to adhere to these rules when entering the pits during the final practice session on Saturday morning, cutting across the white line and prompting an investigation by the stewards. As a result, both drivers have received a reprimand, although neither have picked up three across the course of the season and therefore this will not affect the grid.
Marussia were also handed a fine after both Chilton and teammate Jules Bianchi were released into the queue of cars at the beginning of Q1, not allowing the cars that had already come out to exit before them. As a result, the team has been fined €5000.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5