Nov 23, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
The FIA stewards have been busy after qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday due to a three indiscretions that have warranted their attention.
Ahead of the race weekend, the FIA released a guide to the pit exit at Interlagos in order to prevent the drivers from cutting across the white line as they have done in the past when entering the pits and completing a lap.
— F1 Fanatic (@f1fanatic_co_uk) November 23, 2013
However, both Max Chilton and Esteban Gutierrez failed to adhere to these rules when entering the pits during the final practice session on Saturday morning, cutting across the white line and prompting an investigation by the stewards. As a result, both drivers have received a reprimand, although neither have picked up three across the course of the season and therefore this will not affect the grid.
Marussia were also handed a fine after both Chilton and teammate Jules Bianchi were released into the queue of cars at the beginning of Q1, not allowing the cars that had already come out to exit before them. As a result, the team has been fined €5000.
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 0
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 4
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 7
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 4