Nov 23, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
The FIA stewards have been busy after qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday due to a three indiscretions that have warranted their attention.
Ahead of the race weekend, the FIA released a guide to the pit exit at Interlagos in order to prevent the drivers from cutting across the white line as they have done in the past when entering the pits and completing a lap.
— F1 Fanatic (@f1fanatic_co_uk) November 23, 2013
However, both Max Chilton and Esteban Gutierrez failed to adhere to these rules when entering the pits during the final practice session on Saturday morning, cutting across the white line and prompting an investigation by the stewards. As a result, both drivers have received a reprimand, although neither have picked up three across the course of the season and therefore this will not affect the grid.
Marussia were also handed a fine after both Chilton and teammate Jules Bianchi were released into the queue of cars at the beginning of Q1, not allowing the cars that had already come out to exit before them. As a result, the team has been fined €5000.
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)