Nov 23, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
The FIA stewards have been busy after qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday due to a three indiscretions that have warranted their attention.
Ahead of the race weekend, the FIA released a guide to the pit exit at Interlagos in order to prevent the drivers from cutting across the white line as they have done in the past when entering the pits and completing a lap.
— F1 Fanatic (@f1fanatic_co_uk) November 23, 2013
However, both Max Chilton and Esteban Gutierrez failed to adhere to these rules when entering the pits during the final practice session on Saturday morning, cutting across the white line and prompting an investigation by the stewards. As a result, both drivers have received a reprimand, although neither have picked up three across the course of the season and therefore this will not affect the grid.
Marussia were also handed a fine after both Chilton and teammate Jules Bianchi were released into the queue of cars at the beginning of Q1, not allowing the cars that had already come out to exit before them. As a result, the team has been fined €5000.
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0