Nov 23, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
A bit of NASCAR sponsor news that we missed during the week: Wix Filters is now on board at Richard Childress Racing as both a sponsor and as a technical partner.
Next year, the company will serve as primary sponsor for Ryan Newman‘s No. 31 Chevrolet at Pocono Raceway in June, the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona in July, and Michigan International Speedway in August. Wix has supported Newman, formerly of Stewart-Haas Racing, since the 2010 season.
“We’ve had a lot of fun together racing the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour,” Newman said in a team release. “I look forward to representing them at RCR and getting the WIX Filters Chevrolet into Victory Lane.”
Additionally, Wix will sponsor Brendan Gaughan in the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Auto Club Speedway next March. Gaughan is moving up to the NNS in 2014 after running with RCR’s Camping World Truck Series program this past year.
As part of the deal, Wix also moves into a technical partnership role with both RCR and ECR Engines. The company will provide the team with air and oil filters as well as research-and-development support.
- NASCAR: Is Edwards a lame duck or could he still bag 2014 title? 0
- Kasey Kahne unable to hang on late at the Brickyard 0
- Jeff Gordon wins record 5th Brickyard 400 in vintage fashion 2
- Broken axle spoils Danica Patrick’s day, Brickyard win hopes 2
- Hungry Hamilton charges from the pit lane to the podium 7