Nov 24, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Jenson Button has secured his best result of the season at the Brazilian Grand Prix today after a stunning drive that saw him eventually cross the line in fourth place, up ten places on his starting position.
McLaren has endured a difficult season with the pace of the MP4-28 car meaning that the team could not attain the sort of results that it has become accustom to over the years. After qualifying down in fourteenth and fifteenth place, it seemed that the final race of the season would yield little more than a few points, but both Button and teammate Sergio Perez – driving in his final race for McLaren – performed well to finish fourth and sixth respectively, making this race the most successful in McLaren’s season.
After the race, Button caught up with NBCSN’s Will Buxton to talk about his race in Brazil.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1