Nov 24, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Jenson Button has secured his best result of the season at the Brazilian Grand Prix today after a stunning drive that saw him eventually cross the line in fourth place, up ten places on his starting position.
McLaren has endured a difficult season with the pace of the MP4-28 car meaning that the team could not attain the sort of results that it has become accustom to over the years. After qualifying down in fourteenth and fifteenth place, it seemed that the final race of the season would yield little more than a few points, but both Button and teammate Sergio Perez – driving in his final race for McLaren – performed well to finish fourth and sixth respectively, making this race the most successful in McLaren’s season.
After the race, Button caught up with NBCSN’s Will Buxton to talk about his race in Brazil.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0