Nov 24, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Jenson Button has secured his best result of the season at the Brazilian Grand Prix today after a stunning drive that saw him eventually cross the line in fourth place, up ten places on his starting position.
McLaren has endured a difficult season with the pace of the MP4-28 car meaning that the team could not attain the sort of results that it has become accustom to over the years. After qualifying down in fourteenth and fifteenth place, it seemed that the final race of the season would yield little more than a few points, but both Button and teammate Sergio Perez – driving in his final race for McLaren – performed well to finish fourth and sixth respectively, making this race the most successful in McLaren’s season.
After the race, Button caught up with NBCSN’s Will Buxton to talk about his race in Brazil.
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 9
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2