Nov 24, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Jenson Button has secured his best result of the season at the Brazilian Grand Prix today after a stunning drive that saw him eventually cross the line in fourth place, up ten places on his starting position.
McLaren has endured a difficult season with the pace of the MP4-28 car meaning that the team could not attain the sort of results that it has become accustom to over the years. After qualifying down in fourteenth and fifteenth place, it seemed that the final race of the season would yield little more than a few points, but both Button and teammate Sergio Perez – driving in his final race for McLaren – performed well to finish fourth and sixth respectively, making this race the most successful in McLaren’s season.
After the race, Button caught up with NBCSN’s Will Buxton to talk about his race in Brazil.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 12
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2