Nov 24, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
It’s one week into our NASCAR withdrawal period and some of you may be a little edgy. But at this point, we all have to remember that the 2014 season really isn’t all too far away.
And as if to remind us of that very fact, the first odds to win next year’s Sprint Cup title have already been released by the William Hill sports books in Nevada.
Johnson is listed as the favorite for 2014 at 3-to-1 odds, while Kenseth sits at 11-to-2 odds – a fair reflection of their solid respective seasons.
Next up is Kyle Busch, who has his title bid derailed at Kansas but hung tough with four Top-10s in the final six races to claim fourth in the championship at season’s end.
“Rowdy” has been placed at 13-2 odds by William Hill, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. right behind him at 7-1 odds after putting together a fine post-season stretch of his own following his blown engine in the Chase opener at Chicagoland.
Rounding out the Top 5 is Jeff Gordon at 10-1. The four-time champ’s big win at Martinsville catapulted him into the title picture with three races left, but a wreck at Texas forced his “Drive For Five” to continue into 2014.
Other notables include Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin and the returning Tony Stewart each at 15-1 odds; rookie of the year Ricky Stenhouse and Austin Dillon both at 75-1; Kyle Larson at 150-1; and Danica Patrick at 250-1.
- After safety concerns, NASCAR announces changes to qualifying 0
- Red Bull’s Horner says Mercedes could lap field twice in Oz 0
- Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule 0
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 1
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)
- The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas (5)