Nov 24, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
It’s one week into our NASCAR withdrawal period and some of you may be a little edgy. But at this point, we all have to remember that the 2014 season really isn’t all too far away.
And as if to remind us of that very fact, the first odds to win next year’s Sprint Cup title have already been released by the William Hill sports books in Nevada.
Johnson is listed as the favorite for 2014 at 3-to-1 odds, while Kenseth sits at 11-to-2 odds – a fair reflection of their solid respective seasons.
Next up is Kyle Busch, who has his title bid derailed at Kansas but hung tough with four Top-10s in the final six races to claim fourth in the championship at season’s end.
“Rowdy” has been placed at 13-2 odds by William Hill, with Dale Earnhardt Jr. right behind him at 7-1 odds after putting together a fine post-season stretch of his own following his blown engine in the Chase opener at Chicagoland.
Rounding out the Top 5 is Jeff Gordon at 10-1. The four-time champ’s big win at Martinsville catapulted him into the title picture with three races left, but a wreck at Texas forced his “Drive For Five” to continue into 2014.
Other notables include Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin and the returning Tony Stewart each at 15-1 odds; rookie of the year Ricky Stenhouse and Austin Dillon both at 75-1; Kyle Larson at 150-1; and Danica Patrick at 250-1.
Video from NASCAR America
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 0
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 0
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0
- Kevin Harvick in a class of his own, dominates Atlanta NNS race 0
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar crowns its champion tonight at Fontana 1
- Lessons learned from Dale Earnhardt death readily seen in way NASCAR has dealt with Tony Stewart tragedy 2
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 4