Nov 24, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
The 2013 Formula One season comes to a close today in Brazil after a long year of racing that has been dominated by Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull, both of whom celebrated a fourth consecutive world title in India. However, the final race of the season still holds great importance as the V8 era of the sport comes to a close, and so does Mark Webber’s career ahead of his move to Porsche’s Le Mans programme in 2014. With a number of drivers also vying for a seat on next year’s grid, this is the final chance to impress possible employers. With rain in the offing, the stage is set for a classic season finale.
Today’s coverage of the Brazilian Grand Prix is set to start at 11am ET and continue until 1:30pm ET.
As well as watching the Brazilian Grand Prix on NBC live from 11am ET, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
Customers with participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers can access the free service, which provides streaming coverage of all live NBC Sports events on both NBC and NBCSN through NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and select Android devices (available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play).
Formula One races are part of the programming shown on NBC Sports Live Extra, which also features the rest of NBCSN’s live-event roster: The IZOD IndyCar Series, the National Hockey League, the English Premier League, Major League Soccer, horse racing’s Triple Crown, and more.
You can also follow the Brazilian Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing commentary throughout the race.
Finally, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the day for all of the latest news and updates from the Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)