Nov 24, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
The 2013 Formula One season comes to a close today in Brazil after a long year of racing that has been dominated by Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull, both of whom celebrated a fourth consecutive world title in India. However, the final race of the season still holds great importance as the V8 era of the sport comes to a close, and so does Mark Webber’s career ahead of his move to Porsche’s Le Mans programme in 2014. With a number of drivers also vying for a seat on next year’s grid, this is the final chance to impress possible employers. With rain in the offing, the stage is set for a classic season finale.
Today’s coverage of the Brazilian Grand Prix is set to start at 11am ET and continue until 1:30pm ET.
As well as watching the Brazilian Grand Prix on NBC live from 11am ET, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
Customers with participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers can access the free service, which provides streaming coverage of all live NBC Sports events on both NBC and NBCSN through NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and select Android devices (available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play).
Formula One races are part of the programming shown on NBC Sports Live Extra, which also features the rest of NBCSN’s live-event roster: The IZOD IndyCar Series, the National Hockey League, the English Premier League, Major League Soccer, horse racing’s Triple Crown, and more.
You can also follow the Brazilian Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing commentary throughout the race.
Finally, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the day for all of the latest news and updates from the Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0