Nov 25, 2013, 4:15 PM EST
JTG Daugherty Racing is a rarity in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: a single-car operation.
The team is forging ahead though into 2014 with new driver AJ Allmendinger and today, an announced technical alliance with Richard Childress Racing. The No. 47 car shifts from Toyota, which it used for five years, to Chevrolet engines as a result. The engines are built by ECR.
“We certainly appreciate all the support that TRD (Toyota Racing Development) has provided to JTG Daugherty Racing for five years and we are great fans of their business model,” JTG Daugherty Racing co-owner Tad Geschickter said in a release. “As a single-car team, we feel that aligning directly with a successful multi-car organization like Richard Childress Racing is what will work best for us in 2014.”
The team struggled mightily this year with Allmendinger recording its only top-10 finish with 10th place at Watkins Glen; Bobby Labonte failed to record a single top-10 result from his starts, before his final outing at Phoenix earlier this month.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: Abu Dhabi GP Race Day live on NBCSN from 7a ET 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0