Nov 25, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
For the first time in more than three decades, Aston Martin will have an U.S.-based team to compete in North American sports car racing.
The famous British marque has announced that after recent tests at Sebring and Daytona, it will field two full-time entries in the inaugural season of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. Kevin Buckler’s “The Racer’s Group” will run the cars as part of a collaboration called TRG-AMR North America.
“I feel like this has been 20 years in the making for all of us,” Buckler said. “…To have the opportunity to officially represent one of the most iconic and revered, street and racing marques in the world, is a perfect fit for where our organization has now evolved.
“We will be proud to represent and to race the Aston Martin Racing cars here in North America, not only for ourselves, but for any and all interested teams or partners.”
TRG-AMR will race a pair of Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 machines, which have competed in various endurance/GT series around the world. Aston Martin also competes in the FIA World Endurance Championship.
A driver lineup has yet to be announced, but TRG-AMR notes that they’ve “used the recent Balance of Performance tests as well as numerous additional test days to undergo extensive driver evaluations.”
- VIDEO: Chinese GP Paddock Pass 0
- BREAKING NEWS: Swan Racing’s future in NASCAR in question 1
- Long Beach weekend atmosphere thrills Roger Daltrey, as he promotes Teen Cancer America 0
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)