Nov 26, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Paul di Resta admits there is rising uncertainty over whether he will be able to stay in Formula One next year.
With rumors placing Sergio Perez at Force India next suspicion has fallen on Di Resta as the driver who will have to make way. Di Resta out-qualified and out-raced team mate Adrian Sutil during the season but there are doubts over whether Di Resta can bring needed financial backing.
Asked whether he would be able to stay in F1 next year Di Resta said: “I have no idea.”
“I need everybody’s help if I can get it,” he told Reuters.
“I’ve done what’s asked of me when the car is under me and who knows? I’ll be in competitive racing… but remaining part of Formula One has to be my ultimate goal.”
Di Resta is a cousin of Dario Franchitti, who ended his IndyCar career this year on medical grounds, and he has been tipped as a potential replacement for Franchitti at the Ganassi team.
The 27-year-old made his F1 debut in 2011 after winning the DTM, Germany’s touring car championship. He ended his third season for Force India a career-best 12th in the championship and equalled his best race result with fourth place in the Bahrain Grand Prix.
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 0
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3