Nov 26, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Paul di Resta admits there is rising uncertainty over whether he will be able to stay in Formula One next year.
With rumors placing Sergio Perez at Force India next suspicion has fallen on Di Resta as the driver who will have to make way. Di Resta out-qualified and out-raced team mate Adrian Sutil during the season but there are doubts over whether Di Resta can bring needed financial backing.
Asked whether he would be able to stay in F1 next year Di Resta said: “I have no idea.”
“I need everybody’s help if I can get it,” he told Reuters.
“I’ve done what’s asked of me when the car is under me and who knows? I’ll be in competitive racing… but remaining part of Formula One has to be my ultimate goal.”
Di Resta is a cousin of Dario Franchitti, who ended his IndyCar career this year on medical grounds, and he has been tipped as a potential replacement for Franchitti at the Ganassi team.
The 27-year-old made his F1 debut in 2011 after winning the DTM, Germany’s touring car championship. He ended his third season for Force India a career-best 12th in the championship and equalled his best race result with fourth place in the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4