Nov 26, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Paul di Resta admits there is rising uncertainty over whether he will be able to stay in Formula One next year.
With rumors placing Sergio Perez at Force India next suspicion has fallen on Di Resta as the driver who will have to make way. Di Resta out-qualified and out-raced team mate Adrian Sutil during the season but there are doubts over whether Di Resta can bring needed financial backing.
Asked whether he would be able to stay in F1 next year Di Resta said: “I have no idea.”
“I need everybody’s help if I can get it,” he told Reuters.
“I’ve done what’s asked of me when the car is under me and who knows? I’ll be in competitive racing… but remaining part of Formula One has to be my ultimate goal.”
Di Resta is a cousin of Dario Franchitti, who ended his IndyCar career this year on medical grounds, and he has been tipped as a potential replacement for Franchitti at the Ganassi team.
The 27-year-old made his F1 debut in 2011 after winning the DTM, Germany’s touring car championship. He ended his third season for Force India a career-best 12th in the championship and equalled his best race result with fourth place in the Bahrain Grand Prix.
- DiZinno: Barber, IndyCar’s southern gem, delivers an instant classic 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 1
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 15
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1