Nov 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Good news from Justin Wilson after a meeting with his doctors today. Wilson can resume training as he prepares for the 2014 IndyCar season.
“So good news from the docs. I can start to put weight on right leg and start training again,” Wilson tweeted Wednesday.
Wilson signed a contract extension with Dale Coyne Racing prior to the 2013 season, which in theory should mean he’s good to go with the same team for 2014. He got hurt though, at the season finale in Fontana.
But because nothing with Coyne is certain until the opening practice session of the new year, and Wilson would make too much sense getting his long-awaited opportunity at a top team (i.e. Target Chip Ganassi Racing), his landing spot isn’t officially assured until either he or Coyne confirms they’ll be working together for 2014.
The good news is he’s back on track to prep for next season.
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy 200 at 1:30 p.m. ET on CNBC, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0
- Hunter-Reay fastest in final Mid-Ohio warm up despite spinning out 0
- Cole Custer sails to first career ARCA win at Pocono, 9th first-time winner in series in 2015 0
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 1