Nov 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Good news from Justin Wilson after a meeting with his doctors today. Wilson can resume training as he prepares for the 2014 IndyCar season.
“So good news from the docs. I can start to put weight on right leg and start training again,” Wilson tweeted Wednesday.
Wilson signed a contract extension with Dale Coyne Racing prior to the 2013 season, which in theory should mean he’s good to go with the same team for 2014. He got hurt though, at the season finale in Fontana.
But because nothing with Coyne is certain until the opening practice session of the new year, and Wilson would make too much sense getting his long-awaited opportunity at a top team (i.e. Target Chip Ganassi Racing), his landing spot isn’t officially assured until either he or Coyne confirms they’ll be working together for 2014.
The good news is he’s back on track to prep for next season.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1