Nov 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Good news from Justin Wilson after a meeting with his doctors today. Wilson can resume training as he prepares for the 2014 IndyCar season.
“So good news from the docs. I can start to put weight on right leg and start training again,” Wilson tweeted Wednesday.
Wilson signed a contract extension with Dale Coyne Racing prior to the 2013 season, which in theory should mean he’s good to go with the same team for 2014. He got hurt though, at the season finale in Fontana.
But because nothing with Coyne is certain until the opening practice session of the new year, and Wilson would make too much sense getting his long-awaited opportunity at a top team (i.e. Target Chip Ganassi Racing), his landing spot isn’t officially assured until either he or Coyne confirms they’ll be working together for 2014.
The good news is he’s back on track to prep for next season.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1