Nov 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Good news from Justin Wilson after a meeting with his doctors today. Wilson can resume training as he prepares for the 2014 IndyCar season.
“So good news from the docs. I can start to put weight on right leg and start training again,” Wilson tweeted Wednesday.
Wilson signed a contract extension with Dale Coyne Racing prior to the 2013 season, which in theory should mean he’s good to go with the same team for 2014. He got hurt though, at the season finale in Fontana.
But because nothing with Coyne is certain until the opening practice session of the new year, and Wilson would make too much sense getting his long-awaited opportunity at a top team (i.e. Target Chip Ganassi Racing), his landing spot isn’t officially assured until either he or Coyne confirms they’ll be working together for 2014.
The good news is he’s back on track to prep for next season.
- Hunter-Reay leads as times plunge in second practice at Sonoma 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6