Nov 27, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Good news from Justin Wilson after a meeting with his doctors today. Wilson can resume training as he prepares for the 2014 IndyCar season.
“So good news from the docs. I can start to put weight on right leg and start training again,” Wilson tweeted Wednesday.
Wilson signed a contract extension with Dale Coyne Racing prior to the 2013 season, which in theory should mean he’s good to go with the same team for 2014. He got hurt though, at the season finale in Fontana.
But because nothing with Coyne is certain until the opening practice session of the new year, and Wilson would make too much sense getting his long-awaited opportunity at a top team (i.e. Target Chip Ganassi Racing), his landing spot isn’t officially assured until either he or Coyne confirms they’ll be working together for 2014.
The good news is he’s back on track to prep for next season.
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari on day one of Jerez test 3
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 4
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 4
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0