Nov 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EST
The home of Sprint Cup star Kevin Harvick caught fire early this morning but the Stewart-Haas Racing driver, his wife DeLana, and their son, Keelan, escaped without injury.
According to the Associated Press, three fire department units responded to the call at the Harvicks’ home in Guildford County, North Carolina.
Afterwards, Kevin Harvick Inc. released the following statement:
“Last night the local fire department was called to the Harvick’s house where a fire started in the basement in the early morning hours. There was structural and smoke damage within the area. Kevin, DeLana and Keelan were not injured. Thank you all for the outpouring of concern.”
Both Kevin and DeLana posted photos of the aftermath on Instagram and Twitter respectively, with Kevin’s Instagram pic bearing the message: “Tonight we were lucky thanks to these guys we still have a house!”
Video from NASCAR America
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0