Nov 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
The home of Sprint Cup star Kevin Harvick caught fire early this morning but the Stewart-Haas Racing driver, his wife DeLana, and their son, Keelan, escaped without injury.
According to the Associated Press, three fire department units responded to the call at the Harvicks’ home in Guildford County, North Carolina.
Afterwards, Kevin Harvick Inc. released the following statement:
“Last night the local fire department was called to the Harvick’s house where a fire started in the basement in the early morning hours. There was structural and smoke damage within the area. Kevin, DeLana and Keelan were not injured. Thank you all for the outpouring of concern.”
Both Kevin and DeLana posted photos of the aftermath on Instagram and Twitter respectively, with Kevin’s Instagram pic bearing the message: “Tonight we were lucky thanks to these guys we still have a house!”
Video from NASCAR America
- The most memorable moments of IndyCar 2014 (so far) 0
- Mercedes drivers “remain free to race” following meeting today 0
- With nothing to lose, IndyCar title contender Pagenaud charges into Fontana 0
- Tony Stewart’s return to NASCAR may be one of hardest things he’s ever done 29
- Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 21
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0
- IndyCar title quest continues for Helio Castroneves 0