Nov 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
The home of Sprint Cup star Kevin Harvick caught fire early this morning but the Stewart-Haas Racing driver, his wife DeLana, and their son, Keelan, escaped without injury.
According to the Associated Press, three fire department units responded to the call at the Harvicks’ home in Guildford County, North Carolina.
Afterwards, Kevin Harvick Inc. released the following statement:
“Last night the local fire department was called to the Harvick’s house where a fire started in the basement in the early morning hours. There was structural and smoke damage within the area. Kevin, DeLana and Keelan were not injured. Thank you all for the outpouring of concern.”
Both Kevin and DeLana posted photos of the aftermath on Instagram and Twitter respectively, with Kevin’s Instagram pic bearing the message: “Tonight we were lucky thanks to these guys we still have a house!”
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1