Nov 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
The home of Sprint Cup star Kevin Harvick caught fire early this morning but the Stewart-Haas Racing driver, his wife DeLana, and their son, Keelan, escaped without injury.
According to the Associated Press, three fire department units responded to the call at the Harvicks’ home in Guildford County, North Carolina.
Afterwards, Kevin Harvick Inc. released the following statement:
“Last night the local fire department was called to the Harvick’s house where a fire started in the basement in the early morning hours. There was structural and smoke damage within the area. Kevin, DeLana and Keelan were not injured. Thank you all for the outpouring of concern.”
Both Kevin and DeLana posted photos of the aftermath on Instagram and Twitter respectively, with Kevin’s Instagram pic bearing the message: “Tonight we were lucky thanks to these guys we still have a house!”
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 1
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 8
- Sebastian Saavedra leads at halfway in IndyCar season finale (VIDEO) 0
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2