Nov 27, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
The home of Sprint Cup star Kevin Harvick caught fire early this morning but the Stewart-Haas Racing driver, his wife DeLana, and their son, Keelan, escaped without injury.
According to the Associated Press, three fire department units responded to the call at the Harvicks’ home in Guildford County, North Carolina.
Afterwards, Kevin Harvick Inc. released the following statement:
“Last night the local fire department was called to the Harvick’s house where a fire started in the basement in the early morning hours. There was structural and smoke damage within the area. Kevin, DeLana and Keelan were not injured. Thank you all for the outpouring of concern.”
Both Kevin and DeLana posted photos of the aftermath on Instagram and Twitter respectively, with Kevin’s Instagram pic bearing the message: “Tonight we were lucky thanks to these guys we still have a house!”
Video from NASCAR America
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0