Nov 30, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
With the country still catching its breath over the finish to today’s Iron Bowl between Auburn and Alabama, a certain question needs to be asked: Did NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Jamie McMurray bring the Tigers good luck?
The No. 1 Earnhardt Ganassi Racing Chevrolet that McMurray took to Victory Lane (pictured) featured the blue and orange “AU” logo of Auburn on its hood and quarter panels; the university got the placement through its partnership with Cessna, one of McMurray’s primary sponsors.
After the victory, McMurray admitted that he wasn’t a big fan of college football but said he enjoyed interacting with the “50/50 crowd” of ‘Dega race fans that either pulled for the Tigers or for the Crimson Tide.
“It was fun to see the fans in the garage area either high-five you or the opposite,” he said.
More than one month later, Auburn has shocked Alabama, 34-28, after the Tigers’ Chris Davis returned a missed Alabama field goal 100 yards (unofficially, 109 yards) for a touchdown on the last play of the game.
Perhaps Auburn should consider being on McMurray’s cars at Talladega every year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0
- Hamilton tops FP2 as night falls in Singapore 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0
- Michael Waltrip challenges Dale Jr. to go Dancing With The Stars 1
- Report: Why Mark Martin couldn’t be Danica Patrick’s driving coach 6