Nov 30, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Williams has secured yet another backroom signing ahead of the 2014 Formula One season in the form of Force India’s chief race engineer Jakob Andreasen.
Andreasen has held many senior engineering roles within Formula One, working as Jenson Button’s engineer at McLaren before his move to Force India. However, as reported by Adam Cooper, it appears that he has decided that the time is right to leave the team and move to Williams, becoming yet another big-name backroom signing.
Following a disappointing season, the team has taken an aggressive approach for 2014 that was first signalled by the arrival of Marussia’s Pat Symonds as chief technical officer. Symonds was part of the championship winning teams at Benetton and Renault, and his presence has already been felt at Williams.
Further to that, Ferrari’s Rob Smedley is poised to join the team as a replacement for Toro Rosso-bound Xevi Pujolar. Smedley will assume the role of chief race engineer, meaning that he will work with Ferrari colleague Felipe Massa upon the Brazilian’s move to Williams at the end of the year.
Andreasen will work in tandem with Smedley, but the Dane will take up more of a factory-based role.
Williams has certainly assembled an impressive team for next season as it looks to bounce back from a disappointing campaign in 2013. The change in regulations for 2014 could give the team a chance to respond in style, and with an experienced engineering team in place, the future appears to be bright for Williams.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 0
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 1
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 1
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0