Dec 1, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
There’s always a party somewhere in Las Vegas. And this week, NASCAR is throwing a big one.
The “Champions Week” celebration will culminate this Friday night with the 2013 Sprint Cup Series Awards at Wynn Las Vegas, where now six-time Cup champ Jimmie Johnson and the rest of the Top 10 drivers in this year’s standings will be honored.
However, there will be plenty of other fan-friendly events leading up to the awards that will take full advantage of its unique setting. In case you’re heading out to Vegas this week, here’s some events to keep an eye out for:
Wed, Dec. 4 – FanFest at Fremont Street Experience: All 13 Chase for the Sprint Cup contenders from this past season will be in attendance to compete in a gameshow-style event. Fans can also get in the running for tickets to Friday’s awards ceremony and the March 2014 NASCAR weekend at nearby Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Thurs., Dec. 5 – Victory Lap on Las Vegas Boulevard: Chase drivers will give a live demonstration, traveling north on Las Vegas Boulevard and doing burnouts along the way. Additionally, the drivers will do an authentic pit stop in front of the Bellagio.
Thurs., Dec. 5 – NASCAR After The Lap at Palms Hotel & Casino: The Chase contenders will take part in a live roundtable discussion in front of a fan audience. The event is sold out, but will be streamed online at NASCAR’s official website.
Additionally, NASCAR will have several private events such as the NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon on Thursday, where multiple championship awards and the Most Popular Driver award will be handed out.
Video from NASCAR America
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2