Dec 2, 2013, 4:23 PM EST
After seeing his face on the Borg-Warner Trophy for the first time today in Indianapolis, 2013 Indy 500 champion Tony Kanaan was complimentary of those who worked on his bas-relief image.
“I look better than I thought,” the Brazilian said during a special ceremony at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s Hall of Fame Museum.
Kanaan’s place on the Borg-Warner bears the year of his victory and the 2013 race’s average speed of 187.433 miles per hour, which stands as a ‘500’ record.
T.K. is also in the company of good friends Dan Wheldon and Dario Franchitti on the trophy, as the late Wheldon won the 2011 race and the recently-retired Franchitti secured the final win of his career in the 2012 race.
“Before I won the ‘500,’ I had nightmares about not winning it and I finally won,” Kanaan said. “Having my two best friends Dan [Wheldon] and Dario [Franchitti] win and putting my face right beside them is an honor. It’s a magical moment.”
Main photo credit: Steve Shunck
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 0
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0