IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN

Dec 3, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT

NBCSN

The INDYCAR sanctioning body has confirmed that NBCSN will carry 13 IndyCar Series races in 2014, including the final 11 races of the season.

“Fans will know that NBC Sports Network is our home for the final 11 races of the season, including two doubleheaders, as we build up to another exciting championship,” said Hulman & Co. CEO Mark Miles in a statement.

NBCSN will begin its coverage next year with the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach on April 13, 2014 and will carry the next race on April 27, 2014 at Barber Motorsports Park.

They’ll pick up the schedule again for the Firestone 600 at Texas Motor Speedway on June 7, 2014 and continue all the way to the Aug. 30, 2014 season finale at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California. Additionally, NBCSN will have coverage of Indianapolis 500 Carb Day on May 23, 2014.

“We’re pleased to again present a record 13 races to IndyCar’s passionate fan base on NBCSN, including Long Beach, Barber, two doubleheaders and the final 11 races of the season,” NBC Sports/NBCSN president of programming Jon Miller said.

All NBCSN races will also be streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra for online and mobile devices.

2014 IndyCar Series Television Schedule
July 19/20 – Streets of Toronto, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN
Aug. 3 – Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN
Aug. 17 – Milwaukee Mile, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN
Aug. 24 – Sonoma Raceway, 4 p.m. ET, NBCSN
Aug. 30 – Auto Club Speedway, 9 p.m. ET, NBCSN

1. testover6370 - Dec 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I’m very worried about Always Bad Coverage getting Pole and Bump day. It looks like coverage won’t start until very late in the day. What are we going to get a 5 minute highlight real of the fast 9 and that’s it?

• crunge4461 - Dec 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Yeah, I saw that 4pm thing too, not sure what that is about…it looks to me like they are just not going to broadcast the first part of the quali and just cover the fast nine shoot out….I wish NBCSN would show the Noon-4pm part, I really love Indy 500 qualifying (especially when lots of cars are coming out). I guess it is good for the broadcast to be on a mainstream network, but I have a tough time getting excited about a loss of air time for the qualifications.

• testover6370 - Dec 5, 2013 at 3:47 PM

My optimistic hope is that they will stream the parts that aren’t broadcast on Indycar’s website, as they do for the rest of the month of May. At the very least we’ll get radio coverage with Paul Page, and that right there is pretty fantastic news. In addition to getting qualifying on broadcast TV and building awareness of the race, they’re probably hoping to encourage more people to actually attend qualifying instead of watching it on TV. Can’t blame them for that, but sadly I can only fly out for the race itself.

2. tgin52 - Dec 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I wouldn’t mind the NBCSN coverage if there were different announcers. I would like someone without the British accent. And also not always saying Race Control should do this or do that. It is not the announcers jobs to decide how the races go

• testover6370 - Dec 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM

If you’re referring to Leigh Diffey, that isn’t a British accent. Other hemisphere, mate.

3. Jeff - Dec 3, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I wish NBC or NBCSN carried all IndyCar races.

• f1fan1 - Dec 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I wish they didn’t carry any. Now that F1 is on NBC/NBCSN, they should drop the IRL crapola.

• indycarseries500 - Dec 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM

And you care because? Why can’t they show both? Why do you comment on like evry IndyCar article?

• crunge4461 - Dec 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM

That comment could not be made by someone that actually watches IndyCar, it is clearly an opinion that is based in zero evidence, which is the definition of a bad opinion. I have been watching F1 and IndyCar for decades and I really enjoy them both, second I am honest when one or the other is lacking. I want both great open wheel series’ to be great! This year, at least when speaking for the product on the track, IndyCar was far superior to F1. Every IndyCar race was interesting and exciting. The last half of the F1 season was the most boring racing that I have ever seen. F1 has great things to offer, but IndyCar does too…Indy drivers have no power steering, they driver on rougher courses, they have to tape the blisters on their hands, hustle the car more and race with much greater risk. Right now, Indycar is a better product and F1 this year was sadly an over priced snooze-fest,

Today on NASCAR AMERICA