Dec 3, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
The INDYCAR sanctioning body has confirmed that NBCSN will carry 13 IndyCar Series races in 2014, including the final 11 races of the season.
“Fans will know that NBC Sports Network is our home for the final 11 races of the season, including two doubleheaders, as we build up to another exciting championship,” said Hulman & Co. CEO Mark Miles in a statement.
NBCSN will begin its coverage next year with the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach on April 13, 2014 and will carry the next race on April 27, 2014 at Barber Motorsports Park.
They’ll pick up the schedule again for the Firestone 600 at Texas Motor Speedway on June 7, 2014 and continue all the way to the Aug. 30, 2014 season finale at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California. Additionally, NBCSN will have coverage of Indianapolis 500 Carb Day on May 23, 2014.
“We’re pleased to again present a record 13 races to IndyCar’s passionate fan base on NBCSN, including Long Beach, Barber, two doubleheaders and the final 11 races of the season,” NBC Sports/NBCSN president of programming Jon Miller said.
All NBCSN races will also be streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra for online and mobile devices.
2014 IndyCar Series Television Schedule
March 30 – Streets of St. Petersburg, Florida, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC
April 13 – Streets of Long Beach, California, 4 p.m. ET, NBCSN
April 27 – Barber Motorsports Park, 2:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN
May 10 – Grand Prix of Indianapolis, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC
May 17 – Indianapolis 500 qualifying, 4 p.m. ET, ABC
May 18 – Indianapolis 500 qualifying, 1 p.m. ET, ABC
May 23 – Indianapolis 500 Carb Day, 11 a.m. ET, NBCSN
May 25 – 98th Indianapolis 500, 11 a.m. ET, ABC
May 31/June 1 – Belle Isle Park, Detroit, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC
June 7 – Texas Motor Speedway, 8 p.m. ET, NBCSN
June 28/29 – Reliant Park, Houston, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN
July 6 – Pocono Raceway, Noon ET, NBCSN
July 12 – Iowa Speedway, 8 p.m. ET, NBCSN
July 19/20 – Streets of Toronto, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN
Aug. 3 – Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN
Aug. 17 – Milwaukee Mile, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN
Aug. 24 – Sonoma Raceway, 4 p.m. ET, NBCSN
Aug. 30 – Auto Club Speedway, 9 p.m. ET, NBCSN
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 0
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 1
- VIDEO: Chinese GP Paddock Pass 0
- BREAKING NEWS: Swan Racing’s future in NASCAR in question 2
- Long Beach weekend atmosphere thrills Roger Daltrey, as he promotes Teen Cancer America 0
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)