Dec 3, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
On Monday, Jeff Burton found a home for 2014 in a part-time role with Michael Waltrip Racing. We haven’t done one of these yet in full for NASCAR Sprint Cup, so here’s a quick recap of who’s going where, who’s set, and what’s still to be determined in the remaining weeks before Daytona testing commences in January. As you can see, the pickings are slim among available remaining rides.
- Hendrick (4): 48-Jimmie Johnson, 24-Jeff Gordon, 88-Dale Earnhardt Jr., 5-Kasey Kahne
- Stewart-Haas (4): 14-Tony Stewart, 4-Kevin Harvick, 41-Kurt Busch, 10-Danica Patrick, Mark Martin (test driver until Stewart returns)
- Childress (3): 31-Ryan Newman, 27-Paul Menard, TBA-Austin Dillon (Not officially announced and number to be determined)
- Earnhardt Ganassi (2): 1-Jamie McMurray, 42-Kyle Larson
- Furniture Row (1): 78-Martin Truex Jr.
- JTG Daugherty (1): 47-AJ Allmendinger, with EGR technical alliance
- Germain (1): 13-Casey Mears, with ECR engines
- Baldwin (1): 7-Michael Annett, with ECR engines
- Penske (2): 2-Brad Keselowski, 22-Joey Logano
- Roush Fenway (3): 16-Greg Biffle, 17-Ricky Stenhouse Jr., 99-Carl Edwards
- Petty (2): 9-Marcos Ambrose, 43-Aric Almirola
- Front Row (2): 34-David Ragan, 38-David Gilliland
- Leavine Family (1): 95-Michael McDowell
- Gibbs (3): 20-Matt Kenseth, 18-Kyle Busch, 11-Denny Hamlin
- MWR (2+1 PT): 15-Clint Bowyer, 55-Brian Vickers, 66-Jeff Burton (part-time third car; test driver until Vickers returns), 66-Michael Waltrip (Daytona 500 only)
YET TO BE CONFIRMED
- The Wood Brothers and Trevor Bayne, with No. 21 Ford, have not announced 2014 plans. Have ran a part-time schedule for several years.
- Both of BK Racing’s No. 83 and 93 Toyotas are TBD. 2013 drivers were David Reutimann and Travis Kvapil.
- Turner Scott Motorsports takes over the No. 51 Chevrolet formerly of Phoenix Racing, likely driver to be Justin Allgaier.
- Joe Nemechek’s own team, No. 87 Toyota, TBD on plans after start-and-parking most in 2013.
- Swan Racing’s No. 30 could be either Chevrolet or Toyota and seeks a young driver. Cole Whitt, Kevin Swindell and Parker Kligerman all possibilities after driving for the team in 2013.
- Frank Stoddard’s Fas Lane Racing’s No. 32 Ford unsure of its driver. Ken Schrader retired from Sprint Cup after Homestead, Terry Labonte, Timmy Hill and Boris Said also drove in 2014.
- Joe Falk’s Circle Sport Racing No. 33 Chevrolet TBD; ran most of 2013 with Landon Cassill. No. 33 was also used by RCR for a fourth car in selected races.
- Tommy Baldwin’s second car, No. 36 Chevrolet, TBD.
OTHER POTENTIAL POSSIBILITIES
- Possible third car part-time for Ryan Blaney at Penske Racing
- Possible third car at Front Row Motorsports, the one vacated by Josh Wise
- Possible that Phil Parsons Racing continues with its No. 98 Ford, although 2013 driver McDowell left for Leavine Family Racing.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0