Dec 3, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The story of the world’s fastest snail will continue this holiday season as Netflix and Dreamworks roll out “Turbo: F.A.S.T.” The new series, which begins streaming Christmas Eve on Netflix with a block of five episodes, picks up where the Indianapolis 500-centric movie leaves off.
It follows Turbo and his team of fellow racing snails as they compete in races and tangle with assorted bad guys. According to Variety, additional new episodes will premiere throughout 2014 and that 26 episodes have been ordered altogether.
From the looks of the trailer, it doesn’t appear that IndyCar and the Indy 500 will have as prominent a role in the cartoon as they did in the movie. But we’ve all made snap judgments off trailers at one point or another, so I could be wrong.
In any case, it might be something for your little racers at home. Check out the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3