Dec 3, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The story of the world’s fastest snail will continue this holiday season as Netflix and Dreamworks roll out “Turbo: F.A.S.T.” The new series, which begins streaming Christmas Eve on Netflix with a block of five episodes, picks up where the Indianapolis 500-centric movie leaves off.
It follows Turbo and his team of fellow racing snails as they compete in races and tangle with assorted bad guys. According to Variety, additional new episodes will premiere throughout 2014 and that 26 episodes have been ordered altogether.
From the looks of the trailer, it doesn’t appear that IndyCar and the Indy 500 will have as prominent a role in the cartoon as they did in the movie. But we’ve all made snap judgments off trailers at one point or another, so I could be wrong.
In any case, it might be something for your little racers at home. Check out the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0