Dec 3, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The story of the world’s fastest snail will continue this holiday season as Netflix and Dreamworks roll out “Turbo: F.A.S.T.” The new series, which begins streaming Christmas Eve on Netflix with a block of five episodes, picks up where the Indianapolis 500-centric movie leaves off.
It follows Turbo and his team of fellow racing snails as they compete in races and tangle with assorted bad guys. According to Variety, additional new episodes will premiere throughout 2014 and that 26 episodes have been ordered altogether.
From the looks of the trailer, it doesn’t appear that IndyCar and the Indy 500 will have as prominent a role in the cartoon as they did in the movie. But we’ve all made snap judgments off trailers at one point or another, so I could be wrong.
In any case, it might be something for your little racers at home. Check out the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 1
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 6
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 23
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3