Dec 3, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
The story of the world’s fastest snail will continue this holiday season as Netflix and Dreamworks roll out “Turbo: F.A.S.T.” The new series, which begins streaming Christmas Eve on Netflix with a block of five episodes, picks up where the Indianapolis 500-centric movie leaves off.
It follows Turbo and his team of fellow racing snails as they compete in races and tangle with assorted bad guys. According to Variety, additional new episodes will premiere throughout 2014 and that 26 episodes have been ordered altogether.
From the looks of the trailer, it doesn’t appear that IndyCar and the Indy 500 will have as prominent a role in the cartoon as they did in the movie. But we’ve all made snap judgments off trailers at one point or another, so I could be wrong.
In any case, it might be something for your little racers at home. Check out the clip above.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 7
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 2
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0
- Power poised for IndyCar title following oval gains, Milwaukee domination 1