Dec 3, 2013, 2:54 PM EDT
Is Richard Childress Racing finally set to confirm the worst-kept secret in NASCAR?
Or does the team something else in store?
Either way, the team will finally reveal its plans for the 2014 Sprint Cup season in a Dec. 11 press conference according to multiple motorsports reporters including Bob Pockrass of The Sporting News, Marty Smith of ESPN, and Brant James – who seems to have the same idea that we’ve all got at this point:
In case you haven’t been following along this season, it’s been expected for some time that Childress’ grandson and new NASCAR Nationwide Series champion Austin Dillon will make the jump to the Sprint Cup Series next season.
Additionally, Dillon is expected to take on RCR’s No. 3, which was made famous by the late seven-time Cup champion and NASCAR icon, Dale Earnhardt Sr.
For his part, Dillon has remained patient about officially announcing his status for 2014. It would appear that he won’t have to wait much longer with the news of RCR’s presser next Wednesday.
What remains to be seen is how such an announcement would or will fare among the fan base – and if he can afterwards live up to his expectations of winning Cup Rookie of the Year honors over another gifted young talent in Kyle Larson.
- Gossage to Walker: “We needed a more competitive race this year than last year” 0
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1