Dec 3, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
After sporadic sports car appearances over the last few years, Australian James Davison will have a full-time ride in the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season.
Davison will be the pro driver in one of TRG’s Aston Martin Vantages in the GT Daytona class, which marks his first full-time ride of any sort since finishing second in the 2009 Firestone Indy Lights Series. Davison tested the Aston at Sebring earlier this month, and raced for TRG in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge at the season finale at Lime Rock Park earlier this year.
This seems to close the door to Davison running a full-time schedule in the IndyCar ranks, although he impressed in two starts with Dale Coyne Racing earlier in 2013. Davison may still run in the month of May, telling Australia’s speedcafe.com that he has an offer on the table for a debut in the 2014 Indianapolis 500.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1