Dec 4, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
The all-electric FIA Formula E championship has announced a 10-race schedule for its inaugural 2014-2015 season that will start September 13, 2014 in Beijing.
As expected, two North American races are part of the docket. For Round 6, F-E will look to win the hearts of Los Angeles race fans on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2015, before heading off to Miami for Round 7 on March 14, 2015.
“It’s a great feeling to be able to confirm our calendar for the inaugural Formula E season and we’re very thankful to all the cities, and candidate cities, for showing their commitment to sustainable mobility,” said Alejandro Agag, CEO of Formula E Holdings.
“The level of interest we have received from cities all over the globe has been overwhelming and choosing the final 10 has been a challenging and meticulous process.
“We’re confident our final 10 cities will provide an array of fantastic backdrops to showcase electric cars in their favoured urban environments, as well as allow us to put on a great spectacle for the fans.”
After the opening race in Beijing, the series will then go to Malaysia for Round 2 and then Rio de Janeiro for Round 3. According to a press release, Rio replaces Hong Kong, which is now considered a candidate for races in future seasons.
Rounds 4 and 5 continue the series’ stay in South America with stops in Uruguay and then Buenos Aires, followed by the aforementioned two races in North America. F-E will finish out the year with three races in Europe – Monte Carlo, Berlin, and the finale in London on June 27, 2015.
2014-2015 FIA Formula E Championship
Sept. 13, 2014 – Beijing, China
Oct. 18, 2014 – Putrajaya, Malaysia
Nov. 15, 2014 – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Dec. 13, 2014 – Punta del Este, Uruguay
Jan. 10, 2015 – Buenos Aires, Argentina
Feb. 14, 2015 – Los Angeles, California, USA
Mar. 14, 2015 – Miami, Florida, USA
May 9, 2015 – Monte Carlo, Monaco
May 30, 2015 – Berlin, Germany
June 27, 2015 – London, England
All events remain subject to FIA Track Homologation.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5