Dec 4, 2013, 4:04 PM EST
The all-electric FIA Formula E championship has announced a 10-race schedule for its inaugural 2014-2015 season that will start September 13, 2014 in Beijing.
As expected, two North American races are part of the docket. For Round 6, F-E will look to win the hearts of Los Angeles race fans on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2015, before heading off to Miami for Round 7 on March 14, 2015.
“It’s a great feeling to be able to confirm our calendar for the inaugural Formula E season and we’re very thankful to all the cities, and candidate cities, for showing their commitment to sustainable mobility,” said Alejandro Agag, CEO of Formula E Holdings.
“The level of interest we have received from cities all over the globe has been overwhelming and choosing the final 10 has been a challenging and meticulous process.
“We’re confident our final 10 cities will provide an array of fantastic backdrops to showcase electric cars in their favoured urban environments, as well as allow us to put on a great spectacle for the fans.”
After the opening race in Beijing, the series will then go to Malaysia for Round 2 and then Rio de Janeiro for Round 3. According to a press release, Rio replaces Hong Kong, which is now considered a candidate for races in future seasons.
Rounds 4 and 5 continue the series’ stay in South America with stops in Uruguay and then Buenos Aires, followed by the aforementioned two races in North America. F-E will finish out the year with three races in Europe – Monte Carlo, Berlin, and the finale in London on June 27, 2015.
2014-2015 FIA Formula E Championship
Sept. 13, 2014 – Beijing, China
Oct. 18, 2014 – Putrajaya, Malaysia
Nov. 15, 2014 – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Dec. 13, 2014 – Punta del Este, Uruguay
Jan. 10, 2015 – Buenos Aires, Argentina
Feb. 14, 2015 – Los Angeles, California, USA
Mar. 14, 2015 – Miami, Florida, USA
May 9, 2015 – Monte Carlo, Monaco
May 30, 2015 – Berlin, Germany
June 27, 2015 – London, England
All events remain subject to FIA Track Homologation.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)