Dec 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Only a little more than a week ago, Josh Wise announced he was leaving Front Row Motorsports’ third car. On Wednesday, it was confirmed he’ll stay in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series with another fledgling operation, Phil Parsons Racing.
The team announced Wise’s signing and a switch from Ford to Chevrolet for the black No. 98 car. Wise replaces Michael McDowell, who signed for a full 2014 season with the No. 95 Leavine Family Racing team more than a month ago.
“While I enjoyed my time at Front Row Motorsports, and am thankful for that opportunity and feel I’m leaving the team on good terms, I am still really excited for what next season will bring,” Wise said in a release via NASCAR.com. “I think it was time for a change. I appreciate Phil, Mike Curb and everyone at Phil Parsons Racing giving me this opportunity. The team has a lot of exciting things going on for next year, and I’m thankful to be a part of it.”
Neither Wise or McDowell had any real results to show for their 2013 seasons. McDowell and the PPR team excelled at the four restrictor plate races, but only ran full races a handful of other times. The No. 98 team’s best restrictor plate finish was ninth at the Daytona 500, and best finish elsewhere was 26th at the fall Martinsville race.
Wise, meanwhile, at least was able to run the full race distance in his 35 starts for Front Row, but a 19th at the spring Talladega race was his best result. A 26th at Bristol in the spring was his best non-restrictor plate finish.
Front Row’s third car has not been accounted for and after Swan Racing announced Tuesday it would expand to two full-time cars for youngsters Cole Whitt and Parker Kligerman, this provisionally takes the number of confirmed 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup entries up to 36.
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0