Rick Allen named lead NASCAR announcer for NBC Sports

Dec 4, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT

nbcsports1 (1)

Today, the NBC Sports Group announced Rick Allen, known by many NASCAR fans as the TV voice of the Camping World Truck Series, has signed a multi-year agreement to become the new lead announcer for NBC’s upcoming Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series coverage that begins in 2015.

“I’ve had the good fortune to work with some of the most talented people in this industry over the last decade,” Allen said in a statement from the Group. “Now I’m excited to be a part of the incredible team that NBC Sports is assembling for their NASCAR coverage.”

Allen currently serves as the voice of both the Truck Series and the ARCA series for Fox Sports, and also hosted numerous motorsports studio shows for the former SPEED network.

He is also an accomplished voice-over talent, as his voice has been heard in narrations and national marketing campaigns for major companies like Goodyear, Alltel, Sears and Toyota. Additionally, he has served as a member of the NASCAR Hall of Fame voting panel since 2010.

“I met Rick early on in his career and it has been fun to watch him develop into one of the most talented voices in motorsports,” NBC Sports and NBCSN executive producer Sam Flood said in the same statement.

“His energetic delivery, great voice, and ability to bring the best out of his analysts have led him to this well-earned position of covering NASCAR’s most-watched events.”

As part of NBC’s broadcast booth team for NASCAR, Allen will be working with 21-time Sprint Cup Series race winner Jeff Burton, who was announced yesterday as an analyst for NBC’s coverage.

1. bclautz - Dec 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

very good hire. I really enjoy Rick in the truck series. does a great job

• indycarseries500 - Dec 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Hopefully NBC won’t pick up Kenny Wallace or Hammond, be good to see Rick get away from those buffoons

2. bmcgrath2 - Dec 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Great choice by NBC, and I am glad they didn’t bring back Allan Bestwick. Bestwick has a good voice but its time for some new blood. As for the second analyst slot, I would like to see an old crew chief like Ray Evernham, or Andy Petree. But please god I hope they don’t slide Wally Dallenbach or Kyle Petty back in there.

3. burm61 - Dec 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I really hope NBC hires Marty Smith. He’s incredible at what he does and I feel ESPN has undervalued him for years.

4. cdawgredface - Dec 5, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Yes, please if anyone from NBC browses any of this content…..please not Kyle Petty in any shape or form. I can’t believe the ignorance that comes from his mouth during the broadcasts.

5. biggdaddy007 - Dec 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM

this guys a bigger clown then DW

Video from NASCAR America

Tony Stewart does well in return
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches