Dec 4, 2013, 4:25 PM EST
Today, the NBC Sports Group announced Rick Allen, known by many NASCAR fans as the TV voice of the Camping World Truck Series, has signed a multi-year agreement to become the new lead announcer for NBC’s upcoming Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series coverage that begins in 2015.
“I’ve had the good fortune to work with some of the most talented people in this industry over the last decade,” Allen said in a statement from the Group. “Now I’m excited to be a part of the incredible team that NBC Sports is assembling for their NASCAR coverage.”
Allen currently serves as the voice of both the Truck Series and the ARCA series for Fox Sports, and also hosted numerous motorsports studio shows for the former SPEED network.
He is also an accomplished voice-over talent, as his voice has been heard in narrations and national marketing campaigns for major companies like Goodyear, Alltel, Sears and Toyota. Additionally, he has served as a member of the NASCAR Hall of Fame voting panel since 2010.
“I met Rick early on in his career and it has been fun to watch him develop into one of the most talented voices in motorsports,” NBC Sports and NBCSN executive producer Sam Flood said in the same statement.
“His energetic delivery, great voice, and ability to bring the best out of his analysts have led him to this well-earned position of covering NASCAR’s most-watched events.”
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0