Dec 5, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
There’s no rest for the weary in the Formula One world when it comes down to chassis design for their 2014 cars, to comply with the new regulations.
Dell, a partner with the Caterham F1 Team, released this brief video where the team’s performance director, John Iley, discusses just how much these regulation changes are consuming every department of the team — and why just producing a car that complies with the new rules is a huge feat in itself.
Caterham finished 11th and last in the Constructor’s Championship in 2013, behind fellow new-for-2010 team Marussia. Neither has yet scored a World Championship point in four seasons, and Jules Bianchi for Marussia is the only confirmed driver for either team in 2014.
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)