Dec 5, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
There’s no rest for the weary in the Formula One world when it comes down to chassis design for their 2014 cars, to comply with the new regulations.
Dell, a partner with the Caterham F1 Team, released this brief video where the team’s performance director, John Iley, discusses just how much these regulation changes are consuming every department of the team — and why just producing a car that complies with the new rules is a huge feat in itself.
Caterham finished 11th and last in the Constructor’s Championship in 2013, behind fellow new-for-2010 team Marussia. Neither has yet scored a World Championship point in four seasons, and Jules Bianchi for Marussia is the only confirmed driver for either team in 2014.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)