Dec 6, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
On Thursday, the Coca-Cola Company was awarded the 2013 NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award at the NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon held in the Encore Ballroom at Wynn Las Vegas. This marked the third time Coca-Cola has achieved this award, the first time any company has won that.
Since 1998, although Coca-Cola has not opted to go the primary sponsorship route for any particular one driver or team, it has made an indelible impact on NASCAR’s marketing and promotion through race sponsorship, its “Coca-Cola Family of Drivers,” and other opportunities.
This year, Coca-Cola introduced a series of brand spots titled, “Coca-Cola Racing Family Road Trip,” featuring NASCAR stars Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, Greg Biffle, Ryan Newman, Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano. The four-part series premiered during the Daytona 500 and its creative mirrored storylines that were playing out on the track throughout the season.
“The Coca-Cola partnership with NASCAR is rich in history and passionately multifaceted. We’re honored and humbled to receive this prestigious award from such a valuable partner,” said Sharon Byers, senior vice president, sports and entertainment marketing, Coca-Cola North America Group.
Some of the integrated marketing campaigns Coca-Cola participated in included a Coca-Cola Racing Family Track Walk and iHeart Radio Trace Adkins Concert in Charlotte at the Coca-Cola 600, “Coke Zero Enjoy Everything Island” on Lake Lloyd during the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona, My Coke Rewards promotions, a sweepstakes program in 180 military commissaries, retail and local market activations and an extensive at-track recycling program.
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 0
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 19
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0