Dec 7, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
A few minor bits and pieces of news around the IndyCar Series and the Mazda Road to Indy have popped up over the last couple weeks. Here’s a quick roundup, since the last one we did a couple of weeks ago:
- Besides Tony Kanaan having his first running in Chip Ganassi Racing IndyCar machinery, Francesco Dracone completed his two-day test with Dale Coyne Racing at Sebring as well. Dracone had an accident on the first day but was able to return on the second. The Italian ran two less than distinguished races for Conquest Racing in 2010.
- Cape Motorsports with Wayne Taylor Racing has announced it will expand its operations into Pro Mazda, beyond its USF2000 team. The team has revealed two of its 2014 drivers. Neil Alberico will move up from Cape’s USF2000 team to Pro Mazda, while Jake Eidson will be set for a full USF2000 season for Cape after running in F1600 in 2013. Both are Team USA Scholarship recipients; Alberico won in 2011 and Eidson, along with Mazda MX-5 Cup Shootout winner Joey Bickers, are 2013 winners.
- Pabst Racing Services has signed 18-year-old Colorado driver Will Owen for its USF2000 team. Belardi Auto Racing signed French driver Nico Jamin as its fourth USF2000 driver for 2014.
- CoForce International, LLC, founded by Pro Mazda veteran driver Anders Krohn, announced a partnership with the Team Pelfrey organization. Krohn, CoForce CEO, will serve as the team’s director of performance and driver development and business partner Jonathan Baker, CoForce CFO, will serve as director of business development for Team Pelfrey and the new Pelfrey Performance initiative.
- Juncos Racing will have Spencer Pigot, Alfonso Celis, Jose Gutierrez and Kyle Kaiser testing the team’s Pro Mazda cars at next week’s Chris Griffis Memorial Mazda Road to Indy test at Barber Motorsports Park. All bar Celis raced in the 2013 Pro Mazda season, with Gutierrez making a handful of starts for Juncos.
- Englishman Harrison Scott will also be at next week’s Griffis test, with a team to be announced. A full entry list for the Dec. 9-10 test should be made available soon.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 19
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0