Dec 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Prior to Friday night’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony, the always-entertaining “After the Lap” event for fans took place earlier in the week in Las Vegas.
And it was there we learned Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a fever … and the only prescription is more eBay.
Dale Jr. already has the popular vote locked down among the legion of NASCAR fans. We didn’t know though, he spends the rare moments of free time away from the track collecting historical stock car magazines after scouring for them on eBay.
“I started collecting Circle Track and Stock Car Racing magazines, and I thought, ‘I gotta have every one,'” he told Marty Smith at the event, via NASCAR.com. “Stock Car started May ’66. It was bimonthly til ’68. Then they went every month. I was addicted to Amazon, so eBay cured me of that. One positive that came out of the eBay addiction.”
No word yet on whether eBay will be added to the portfolio of sponsors for the No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet anytime soon…
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1