Dec 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Prior to Friday night’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony, the always-entertaining “After the Lap” event for fans took place earlier in the week in Las Vegas.
And it was there we learned Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a fever … and the only prescription is more eBay.
Dale Jr. already has the popular vote locked down among the legion of NASCAR fans. We didn’t know though, he spends the rare moments of free time away from the track collecting historical stock car magazines after scouring for them on eBay.
“I started collecting Circle Track and Stock Car Racing magazines, and I thought, ‘I gotta have every one,'” he told Marty Smith at the event, via NASCAR.com. “Stock Car started May ’66. It was bimonthly til ’68. Then they went every month. I was addicted to Amazon, so eBay cured me of that. One positive that came out of the eBay addiction.”
No word yet on whether eBay will be added to the portfolio of sponsors for the No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet anytime soon…
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0