Dec 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Prior to Friday night’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony, the always-entertaining “After the Lap” event for fans took place earlier in the week in Las Vegas.
And it was there we learned Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a fever … and the only prescription is more eBay.
Dale Jr. already has the popular vote locked down among the legion of NASCAR fans. We didn’t know though, he spends the rare moments of free time away from the track collecting historical stock car magazines after scouring for them on eBay.
“I started collecting Circle Track and Stock Car Racing magazines, and I thought, ‘I gotta have every one,'” he told Marty Smith at the event, via NASCAR.com. “Stock Car started May ’66. It was bimonthly til ’68. Then they went every month. I was addicted to Amazon, so eBay cured me of that. One positive that came out of the eBay addiction.”
No word yet on whether eBay will be added to the portfolio of sponsors for the No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet anytime soon…
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 7
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 2
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0
- Power poised for IndyCar title following oval gains, Milwaukee domination 1