Dec 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Prior to Friday night’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony, the always-entertaining “After the Lap” event for fans took place earlier in the week in Las Vegas.
And it was there we learned Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a fever … and the only prescription is more eBay.
Dale Jr. already has the popular vote locked down among the legion of NASCAR fans. We didn’t know though, he spends the rare moments of free time away from the track collecting historical stock car magazines after scouring for them on eBay.
“I started collecting Circle Track and Stock Car Racing magazines, and I thought, ‘I gotta have every one,'” he told Marty Smith at the event, via NASCAR.com. “Stock Car started May ’66. It was bimonthly til ’68. Then they went every month. I was addicted to Amazon, so eBay cured me of that. One positive that came out of the eBay addiction.”
No word yet on whether eBay will be added to the portfolio of sponsors for the No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet anytime soon…
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5