Dec 9, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Audi has already banked wins in the 24-hour races at Daytona and Le Mans this year, and also in the 12 Hours of Sebring in March. Now, the manufacturer can add a 25-hour race win to its mantle … even though Thunderhill is basically a NASA club race in December.
Still, a win’s a win, and the Rotek Racing Audi TT RS took the top overall spot after completing more than 700 laps at the 2.58-mile, 15-turn road course in Willows, Calif. The winning entry was driven by Robb Holland, Kevin Gleason, Jeff Altenburg, Roland Pritzker and Rob Huff.
A Barrett Racing-entered Porsche GT3 Cup came home second and a GMG Racing Audi R8, close to the same specs that won the Rolex Series GT class at the 2013 Rolex 24 at Daytona, finished third overall.
Proving he’s still got it, two-time Indianapolis 500 champion Al Unser Jr. posted the overall fastest lap of the race in his first race in five years. Unser Jr. clocked in a flier of 1:37.789 in the No. 52 JFC Racing Wolf prototype.
More information on the race can be found via the official race website, linked here.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0
- Hamilton tops FP2 as night falls in Singapore 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Singapore Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Singapore GP 0