Dec 9, 2013, 3:28 PM EDT
For one day, Dale Earnhardt Jr. traded in his No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet for a new ride – a pink, Power Wheels 4×4.
It’s all part of Earnhardt’s recent collaboration with star YouTube video producer Devin Graham that involved a “cardboard rodeo” at Dale Jr.’s property in North Carolina. With the help of an ATV, riders were pulled around Earnhardt’s dirt track and other areas of the property on everything from flattened cardboard boxes and wakeboards to the aforementioned 4×4.
When Earnhardt hopped into the ATV and got going at a pretty good clip, a lot of the riders wound up tumbling off the track from their “vehicles.” Naturally, Graham gets plenty of wipe-out footage in both the final video (above) and behind-the-scenes video (below).
It’s not the safest form of fun imaginable, but something tells me that wasn’t the original intent with this…
- Report: Deal for Marcos Ambrose’ return to Australia to race V8 Supercars for Roger Penske may be close 2
- MotorSportsTalk’s Predictions: Hungarian GP 0
- Alexander Rossi joins Marussia as reserve driver 2
- 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Preview 3
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 3