Dec 9, 2013, 3:28 PM EDT
For one day, Dale Earnhardt Jr. traded in his No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet for a new ride – a pink, Power Wheels 4×4.
It’s all part of Earnhardt’s recent collaboration with star YouTube video producer Devin Graham that involved a “cardboard rodeo” at Dale Jr.’s property in North Carolina. With the help of an ATV, riders were pulled around Earnhardt’s dirt track and other areas of the property on everything from flattened cardboard boxes and wakeboards to the aforementioned 4×4.
When Earnhardt hopped into the ATV and got going at a pretty good clip, a lot of the riders wound up tumbling off the track from their “vehicles.” Naturally, Graham gets plenty of wipe-out footage in both the final video (above) and behind-the-scenes video (below).
It’s not the safest form of fun imaginable, but something tells me that wasn’t the original intent with this…
- Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Social Roundup: IndyCar season-ending banquet 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 18