Dec 9, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
All three Andersen Promotions-run series in the Mazda Road to Indy ladder, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and USF2000, are underway in the Chris Griffis Memorial Road to Indy test this week at Barber Motorsports Park.
Some news and notes about the driver/team combinations to follow:
- USF2000 drivers Michael Epps and Alexandre Baron will test for Belardi; Epps is confirmed at Belardi’s USF2000 team while Baron, a two-time race winner last year, will move up to Indy Lights in 2014 with Belardi.
- Neither of Schmidt Peterson’s drivers are confirmed but Jack Harvey is a strong possibility for one Indy Lights seat.
- Zach Veach, Matthew Brabham and Lloyd Read are confirmed at their teams and the fourth confirmed 2014 driver, Zack Meyer, is not testing this week.
- USF2000 2013 drivers Neil Alberico and Scott Hargrove (Cape), Garett Grist (Andretti) and Michael Johnson (JDC) will all move up to Pro Mazda with the same teams. Shelby Blackstock (Andretti) will continue for his second season.
- Americans Kyle Kaiser, Spencer Pigot and Kyle Connery all raced in Pro Mazda in 2013 but do not have deals confirmed for 2014 as yet. Kaiser and Pigot test for Juncos Racing, and Connery will test for JDC.
- Newcomers to watch at the test include Aaron Telitz, Jack Mitchell Jr. and Harrison Scott. Telitz, from Birchwood, Wis., recently won the Skip Barber Race Series Championship Shootout – and a MAZDASPEED Scholarship to compete in USF2000 next year – in the face of very stiff competition, including Eidson, and will drive one day apiece with Afterburner Autosport and ArmsUp Motorsports.
- Belardi will have all four of its signed drivers testing together for the first time.
INDY LIGHTS (7) Belardi Auto Racing: 5 Michael Epps (GBR), 6 Alexandre Baron (FRA) Schmidt Peterson Motorsports: 7 Yann Cunha (BRZ), 77 Jack Harvey (GBR) Andretti Autosport: 26 Zach Veach (USA), 83 Matthew Brabham (USA) BHA/Jeffrey Mark Motorsports: 28 Lloyd Read (WAL) PRO MAZDA (18) Cape Motorsports w/WTR: 2 Neil Alberico (USA), 3 Scott Hargrove (CAN) Juncos Racing: 4 Alfonso Celis (MEX), 5 Jose Gutierrez (MEX), 6 Kyle Kaiser (USA), 7 Spencer Pigot (USA) JDC Motorsports: 9 Kyle Connery (USA), 19 Harrison Scott (GBR), 19 Jose Enrique Lopez (VEN), 54 Michael Johnson (USA) M1 Racing: 10 Robert La Rocca (VEN), 21 Sebastian Arriola (MEX), 21 Fernando Urrutia (MEX), 37 Jay Horak (USA) Andretti Autosport: 27 Garett Grist (CAN), 28 Shelby Blackstock (USA) Team Pelfrey: 81 Pipo Derani (BRZ), 82 Dalton Kellett (CAN) USF2000 (18) Cape Motorsports w/WTR: 3 Jake Eidson (USA) Belardi Auto Racing: 4 Daniel Burkett (CAN), 14 Florian Latorre (FRA), 41 Nico Jamin (FRA), 44 Michael Epps (GBR) ArmsUp Motorsports: 6 Timothy Paul (USA), 24 Peter Portante (USA), 51 Aaron Telitz (USA) JDC Motorsports: 9 Nathan Blok (CAN), 9 Pato O’Ward (MEX), 12 Henrik Furuseth (NOR), 19 Clark Toppe (USA) Afterburner Autosport: 17 Victor Franzoni (BRZ), 18 Harrison Scott (GBR), 18 Aaron Telitz (USA), 98 Gustavo Myasava (BRZ) Pabst Racing Services: 21 Will Owen (USA), 77 Austin Cindric (USA) JAY Motorsports: 91 Jack Mitchell Jr. (USA)
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1