Dec 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Michael Shank Racing has confirmed that John Pew and Ozz Negri will be back with the team for the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, co-driving the No. 60 MSR Ford Ecoboost/Riley.
Pew finished 14th in last year’s GRAND-AM Rolex Series championship, while Negri finished 17th despite missing several races due to a setback in his recovery following leg surgery in the 2012-13 offseason. Obviously, Negri’s itching to embark on a full season in 2014.
“I am so happy to be back and be looking at this season with 100% strength,” said Negri, who along with Pew netted a top finish of third at both the Rolex 24 at Daytona and at Kansas Speedway. “There is a lot of work to be done now with the new car and the new EcoBoost [engine] but this team is ready to do that.
“Having so many new elements is going to make this really an exciting year and to be taking it on with John as my partner, I’m thrilled.”
Team owner Mike Shank noted all the new changes with the debut of the TUSC and how important it is to have two veteran drivers like Pew and Negri that know how to work well with each other.
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 0
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 0
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 17
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 16
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 3
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1