Dec 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Michael Shank Racing has confirmed that John Pew and Ozz Negri will be back with the team for the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, co-driving the No. 60 MSR Ford Ecoboost/Riley.
Pew finished 14th in last year’s GRAND-AM Rolex Series championship, while Negri finished 17th despite missing several races due to a setback in his recovery following leg surgery in the 2012-13 offseason. Obviously, Negri’s itching to embark on a full season in 2014.
“I am so happy to be back and be looking at this season with 100% strength,” said Negri, who along with Pew netted a top finish of third at both the Rolex 24 at Daytona and at Kansas Speedway. “There is a lot of work to be done now with the new car and the new EcoBoost [engine] but this team is ready to do that.
“Having so many new elements is going to make this really an exciting year and to be taking it on with John as my partner, I’m thrilled.”
Team owner Mike Shank noted all the new changes with the debut of the TUSC and how important it is to have two veteran drivers like Pew and Negri that know how to work well with each other.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5