Dec 10, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
Juan Pablo Montoya. In a Team Penske IndyCar. At Phoenix International Raceway.
This is as close to a stocking stuffer as could be possible for IndyCar fans this time of year, especially considering that the series itself won’t be racing at the flat, challenging 1-mile oval anytime soon.
But Montoya’s testing there today, in what will be his first oval running in an IndyCar since 2000 at Auto Club Speedway at Fontana. The Colombian and teammate Helio Castroneves were scheduled to test at ACS on Monday, but the test was postponed due to high winds.
Montoya did get his first IndyCar running in in late November at Sebring and was immediately within three tenths of his other teammate, Will Power.
Power, meanwhile, will take on a new social media role later today as he’ll be participating in IndyCar’s first Vine chat at 2 p.m. ET this afternoon. Tweet questions using #PowerVine and starting at 2, he’ll be answering. Further details are in the @IndyCar tweet below, and also available @PenskeRacing.
— IZOD IndyCar Series (@IndyCar) December 9, 2013
Since winning the 2013 IndyCar season finale, Power did something rather awesome during the month of November. He grew this mustache for a good cause as part of “Movember.”
— Will Power (@12WillPower) November 29, 2013
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1