Dec 10, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Yesterday, the FIA announced a raft of rule changes that ran the gamut from double points being offered for the season finale in Abu Dhabi, permanent numbers for drivers, a yet-undetermined number for a cost cap for 2015, and five-second penalties being introduced.
When we asked for your thoughts on Twitter, you responded in great numbers, and almost universally negative against the double points idea. Meanwhile the other three items of the day didn’t get quite as many responses. Still, the rulemakers appear to have made their decisions without consulting some of Formula One’s most important people first: the paying customers.
We gathered your tweets and assembled them into the below Storify feature, for a round-up of reaction to yesterday’s news.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 0
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4
- High 5: Chip Ganassi Racing’s win streak at Mid-Ohio (VIDEO) 0