Dec 10, 2013, 10:01 AM EST
Yesterday, the FIA announced a raft of rule changes that ran the gamut from double points being offered for the season finale in Abu Dhabi, permanent numbers for drivers, a yet-undetermined number for a cost cap for 2015, and five-second penalties being introduced.
When we asked for your thoughts on Twitter, you responded in great numbers, and almost universally negative against the double points idea. Meanwhile the other three items of the day didn’t get quite as many responses. Still, the rulemakers appear to have made their decisions without consulting some of Formula One’s most important people first: the paying customers.
We gathered your tweets and assembled them into the below Storify feature, for a round-up of reaction to yesterday’s news.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 1
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3