Dec 10, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Yesterday, the FIA announced a raft of rule changes that ran the gamut from double points being offered for the season finale in Abu Dhabi, permanent numbers for drivers, a yet-undetermined number for a cost cap for 2015, and five-second penalties being introduced.
When we asked for your thoughts on Twitter, you responded in great numbers, and almost universally negative against the double points idea. Meanwhile the other three items of the day didn’t get quite as many responses. Still, the rulemakers appear to have made their decisions without consulting some of Formula One’s most important people first: the paying customers.
We gathered your tweets and assembled them into the below Storify feature, for a round-up of reaction to yesterday’s news.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2