Dec 10, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
IMSA and officials at Sebring International Raceway have confirmed Open Test dates in February for both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge.
Both series will have morning and afternoon test sessions on both Thurs., Feb. 20, 2014 and Fri., Feb. 21, 2014 to prepare for the Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring weekend on March 12-15, 2014. The weekend will include the CTSCC’s first-ever race at the famous Florida road course.
Sebring will also host testing for other IMSA-sanctioned series – including Cooper Tires Prototype Lites, Porsche GT3 Cup USA, Porsche GT3 Cup Canada, and Lamborghini Super Trofeo – on Feb. 24-25, 2014.
IMSA has also confirmed that Michelin is now an approved tire supplier for TUSC’s GT Le Mans class. The French tire maker will supply for six teams in the class: Corvette Racing, BMW Team RLL, Risi Competizione, SRT Motorsports, Aston Martin Racing, and Porsche North America.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)