Dec 10, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
IMSA and officials at Sebring International Raceway have confirmed Open Test dates in February for both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge.
Both series will have morning and afternoon test sessions on both Thurs., Feb. 20, 2014 and Fri., Feb. 21, 2014 to prepare for the Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring weekend on March 12-15, 2014. The weekend will include the CTSCC’s first-ever race at the famous Florida road course.
Sebring will also host testing for other IMSA-sanctioned series – including Cooper Tires Prototype Lites, Porsche GT3 Cup USA, Porsche GT3 Cup Canada, and Lamborghini Super Trofeo – on Feb. 24-25, 2014.
IMSA has also confirmed that Michelin is now an approved tire supplier for TUSC’s GT Le Mans class. The French tire maker will supply for six teams in the class: Corvette Racing, BMW Team RLL, Risi Competizione, SRT Motorsports, Aston Martin Racing, and Porsche North America.
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1