Dec 10, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
Sebastian Vettel has spoken up on the FIA’s idea of double points for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. And he’s not a fan.
“This is absurd and punishes those who have worked hard for a whole season,” Vettel told the German newspaper Bild. “You can hardly imagine that on the last match of the Bundesliga season, (soccer) matches are suddenly worth twice as many points. I value the old traditions in Formula One and don’t understand this rule.”
Hard to argue with that assessment, especially considering this is coming from the guy who has twice wrapped up titles well before the final race.
In happier news, the four-time World Champion and his longtime girlfriend Hanna Prater also announced Tuesday they are expecting their first child.
We’re already projecting Vettel 2.0 will have won his or her fifth World Championship by 2047…
Video from NASCAR America
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice 1
- Kevin Harvick wins Atlanta Sprint Cup pole; Stewart qualifies 12th 0
- Castroneves secures crucial MAVTV 500 pole; Power starts P21 for IndyCar finale (VIDEO) 2
- Jeff Gordon: Last 3 races weren’t the same without Tony Stewart 1
- IndyCar has 500 miles to glory, through speed, dirt, tire fall off and unpredictability 0
- How NASCAR determined Tony Stewart was ready to race again 3
- Helton: Tony Stewart still eligible for Chase, but must win to get in 3