Dec 10, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
Sebastian Vettel has spoken up on the FIA’s idea of double points for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. And he’s not a fan.
“This is absurd and punishes those who have worked hard for a whole season,” Vettel told the German newspaper Bild. “You can hardly imagine that on the last match of the Bundesliga season, (soccer) matches are suddenly worth twice as many points. I value the old traditions in Formula One and don’t understand this rule.”
Hard to argue with that assessment, especially considering this is coming from the guy who has twice wrapped up titles well before the final race.
In happier news, the four-time World Champion and his longtime girlfriend Hanna Prater also announced Tuesday they are expecting their first child.
We’re already projecting Vettel 2.0 will have won his or her fifth World Championship by 2047…
- What to watch for: IndyCar at St. Petersburg 0
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 4
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 7
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 4