Dec 10, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
Sebastian Vettel has spoken up on the FIA’s idea of double points for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. And he’s not a fan.
“This is absurd and punishes those who have worked hard for a whole season,” Vettel told the German newspaper Bild. “You can hardly imagine that on the last match of the Bundesliga season, (soccer) matches are suddenly worth twice as many points. I value the old traditions in Formula One and don’t understand this rule.”
Hard to argue with that assessment, especially considering this is coming from the guy who has twice wrapped up titles well before the final race.
In happier news, the four-time World Champion and his longtime girlfriend Hanna Prater also announced Tuesday they are expecting their first child.
We’re already projecting Vettel 2.0 will have won his or her fifth World Championship by 2047…
Video from NASCAR America
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 11
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3