Dec 10, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
Sebastian Vettel has spoken up on the FIA’s idea of double points for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. And he’s not a fan.
“This is absurd and punishes those who have worked hard for a whole season,” Vettel told the German newspaper Bild. “You can hardly imagine that on the last match of the Bundesliga season, (soccer) matches are suddenly worth twice as many points. I value the old traditions in Formula One and don’t understand this rule.”
Hard to argue with that assessment, especially considering this is coming from the guy who has twice wrapped up titles well before the final race.
In happier news, the four-time World Champion and his longtime girlfriend Hanna Prater also announced Tuesday they are expecting their first child.
We’re already projecting Vettel 2.0 will have won his or her fifth World Championship by 2047…
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4