Dec 11, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
One day after the FIA named McLaren and Force India among the six teams taking part in next week’s Pirelli test session in Bahrain, both squads have pulled out of the three-day session.
Among the multiple regulation changes that were released on Monday, the FIA granted Pirelli an opportunity to develop their 2014 tires at the Bahrain International Circuit on Dec. 17-19.
However, McLaren and Force India spokesmen disclosed to British F1 broadcaster Sky Sports that their respective teams wouldn’t be involved, with Force India explicitly citing the late scheduling of the test and not having enough time to get everything out to Bahrain.
With their departures, only four teams are set to go for the pre-Christmas tire test: World Champions Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes and Scuderia Toro Rosso.
But considering the short notice given on this event, it bears watching to see if any of these remaining four also decide not to come.
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 0
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3