Dec 11, 2013, 12:11 AM EST
One day after the FIA named McLaren and Force India among the six teams taking part in next week’s Pirelli test session in Bahrain, both squads have pulled out of the three-day session.
Among the multiple regulation changes that were released on Monday, the FIA granted Pirelli an opportunity to develop their 2014 tires at the Bahrain International Circuit on Dec. 17-19.
However, McLaren and Force India spokesmen disclosed to British F1 broadcaster Sky Sports that their respective teams wouldn’t be involved, with Force India explicitly citing the late scheduling of the test and not having enough time to get everything out to Bahrain.
With their departures, only four teams are set to go for the pre-Christmas tire test: World Champions Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes and Scuderia Toro Rosso.
But considering the short notice given on this event, it bears watching to see if any of these remaining four also decide not to come.
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0