Dec 11, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
One day after the FIA named McLaren and Force India among the six teams taking part in next week’s Pirelli test session in Bahrain, both squads have pulled out of the three-day session.
Among the multiple regulation changes that were released on Monday, the FIA granted Pirelli an opportunity to develop their 2014 tires at the Bahrain International Circuit on Dec. 17-19.
However, McLaren and Force India spokesmen disclosed to British F1 broadcaster Sky Sports that their respective teams wouldn’t be involved, with Force India explicitly citing the late scheduling of the test and not having enough time to get everything out to Bahrain.
With their departures, only four teams are set to go for the pre-Christmas tire test: World Champions Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes and Scuderia Toro Rosso.
But considering the short notice given on this event, it bears watching to see if any of these remaining four also decide not to come.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)