Dec 11, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
We may be on the verge of finding out who will replace the retired Dario Franchitti in the No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet (pictured) for the 2014 IndyCar Series.
This afternoon, TCGR confirmed a press conference for Friday morning at the Performance Racing Industry trade show that’s currently ongoing in Indianapolis.
The release noted that team officials would make “major announcements” concerning the upcoming season.
Alex Tagliani recently tested the No. 10 car at Sebring alongside Ganassi newcomer Tony Kanaan in his No. 8 NTT Data machine, reigning IndyCar champ Scott Dixon, and Charlie Kimball. Tagliani also drove the No. 10 this past October in the 2013 season finale at Auto Club Speedway.
However, Ryan Briscoe has also been speculated as a prime candidate for the No. 10 seat as well. Briscoe ran the 2005 season with TCGR and drove a fourth Ganassi machine at this past year’s Indianapolis 500. Additionally, Kanaan has been mentioned for a possible move over to the No. 10.
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 5
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 5
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)
- BHA announces The Collection Auto Group and Castrol as sponsors; driver TBD (5)