Dec 11, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
We may be on the verge of finding out who will replace the retired Dario Franchitti in the No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet (pictured) for the 2014 IndyCar Series.
This afternoon, TCGR confirmed a press conference for Friday morning at the Performance Racing Industry trade show that’s currently ongoing in Indianapolis.
The release noted that team officials would make “major announcements” concerning the upcoming season.
Alex Tagliani recently tested the No. 10 car at Sebring alongside Ganassi newcomer Tony Kanaan in his No. 8 NTT Data machine, reigning IndyCar champ Scott Dixon, and Charlie Kimball. Tagliani also drove the No. 10 this past October in the 2013 season finale at Auto Club Speedway.
However, Ryan Briscoe has also been speculated as a prime candidate for the No. 10 seat as well. Briscoe ran the 2005 season with TCGR and drove a fourth Ganassi machine at this past year’s Indianapolis 500. Additionally, Kanaan has been mentioned for a possible move over to the No. 10.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0