Dec 11, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
We may be on the verge of finding out who will replace the retired Dario Franchitti in the No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet (pictured) for the 2014 IndyCar Series.
This afternoon, TCGR confirmed a press conference for Friday morning at the Performance Racing Industry trade show that’s currently ongoing in Indianapolis.
The release noted that team officials would make “major announcements” concerning the upcoming season.
Alex Tagliani recently tested the No. 10 car at Sebring alongside Ganassi newcomer Tony Kanaan in his No. 8 NTT Data machine, reigning IndyCar champ Scott Dixon, and Charlie Kimball. Tagliani also drove the No. 10 this past October in the 2013 season finale at Auto Club Speedway.
However, Ryan Briscoe has also been speculated as a prime candidate for the No. 10 seat as well. Briscoe ran the 2005 season with TCGR and drove a fourth Ganassi machine at this past year’s Indianapolis 500. Additionally, Kanaan has been mentioned for a possible move over to the No. 10.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 89
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1