Dec 12, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
As we did for IndyCar, here’s a wrap of my MotorSportsTalk colleague Chris Estrada and my post-season wraps on the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season. All posts in one place in case you missed any of them.
- Johnson humble, thankful in banquet speech
- Jay Mohr’s skewering banquet monologue (VIDEO)
- NASCAR 2014 silly season update, early December
- How milk and cookies saved the Johnson/Knaus relationship
- MotorSportsTalk’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Review, Part 2 (Top 10 Drivers)
- MotorSportsTalk’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Review, Part 1 (Top 5 Stories)
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2013
- Stenhouse claims Sprint Cup rookie-of-the-year honors
- Jimmie Johnson rubbishes “athlete” dig in style
- SportsDash: Is Johnson the best in NASCAR history? (VIDEO)
- Johnson close to immortality
- End of multiple eras at Homestead
- Menard’s tire explosion (VIDEO)
- Harvick signs off at RCR
- Earnhardt Jr. not going “what-if” over Chase engine failure
- Denny Hamlin outlasts Kenseth, Dale Jr. for Homestead win
- The joy of six: Johnson wins title again in Homestead (VIDEO)
CHASE DRIVER REVIEWS
1. Jimmie Johnson 2. Matt Kenseth 3. Kevin Harvick 4. Kyle Busch 5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 6. Jeff Gordon 7. Clint Bowyer 8. Joey Logano 9. Greg Biffle 10. Kurt Busch 11. Ryan Newman 12. Kasey Kahne 13. Carl Edwards
Aug 1, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
In part two of our mid-season report, we look at the drivers: who has excelled and who has floundered in 2014?
Aug 1, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Multi-motorsports team owner Chip Ganassi will be honored August 7 in Corning, N.Y., for more than a quarter-century of contributions to the auto racing world.
Aug 1, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Austin Dillon isn’t skating through his rookie season in Sprint Cup. Everything he achieves, he earns. But Dillon did try skating of a different kind and took to it like a natural.
Aug 1, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
The American goes P1 with a lap of 1 minute, 6.5316 seconds in the No. 28 Andretti Autosport Honda.
Aug 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
We grade the eleven teams for their seasons so far as F1 embarks on its summer break.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:10 AM EDT
Should NASCAR consider shifting to a format that features timed races instead of hundreds of miles or laps? Let’s get your take in our poll.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Brazilian driver confident that tracks such as Spa, Monza and the Circuit of the Americas will suit the FW36 car.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
The DeltaWing team makes new shop upgrades as it plans for the future.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Sauber driver believes the sport would benefit from more running outside of a grand prix weekend.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
Mike Conway will make long-awaited Toyota debut in FIA WEC at Austin next race.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:45 AM EDT
Inside joke goes a bit too far for NASCAR ahead of truck race in Pocono this weekend.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
Force India owner confident of battling with Williams, Ferrari and McLaren until the end of the season.
Jul 31, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The Acura TLX-GT will make its debut at Mid-Ohio, later than planned but still on Honda’s home weekend.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
More analysis on Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s new crew chief, Greg Ives, took center stage on Thursday’s NASCAR AMERICA on NBCSN.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Thursday’s NASCAR AMERICA lineup…
Jul 31, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Malaysian FIA Formula E round moves from October to November to accommodate prime minister’s wishes.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
Ryan Hunter-Reay and Simon Pagenaud look to make headway on Team Penske teammates, while Chip Ganassi Racing seeks a six-pack of Mid-Ohio wins this weekend.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Anthony Richardson bills himself as the Bad British Commentator, and it definitely shows through here with his malapropisms and complete lack of understanding of the sport and world of NASCAR.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
There may not be wholesale changes, based upon what NASCAR chairman Brian France said recently, but next year’s Sprint Cup schedule will look different. Based upon various sources and things we’ve heard and/or read, we’re going to chime in with our ideas and why we think that way.
Jul 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
With six qualifying races left, a total of 10 more spots remain to be clinched to fill out the expanded 16-driver playoff field for this year’s 10-race Chase for the Sprint Cup.