Dec 13, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
After several seasons in the Camping World Truck Series and a 2012 series championship, James Buescher is moving up full-time to the NASCAR Nationwide Series in 2014 with RAB Racing.
The team announced this afternoon that Buescher has signed a multi-year agreement to drive its No. 99 Toyota Camry. Alex Bowman ran that car for much of the 2013 season, but was released before the season finale last month at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
“My first couple of years in NASCAR have been a dream come true, and I can’t thank Turner Scott Motorsports enough for the opportunity they have given me to develop my skills,” Buescher said in a team release. “I am very excited to be able to take the next step in my career, and I couldn’t be more thrilled about the opportunity that RAB Racing is giving me to run full time in the Nationwide Series.
“I am really excited to get back behind the wheel of a Toyota and I am looking forward to driving their cars next year. RAB Racing is a solid organization with great people; I can’t wait to get to work with them.”
Buescher, who won twice in the Trucks this past season, will have the services of Chris Rice as his crew chief. Rice guided the No. 99 to two Top-5 and six Top-10 finishes in 2013. Sponsorship details will be announced at a later date.
Landon Cassill is also taking a full-time NNS ride for 2014 with JD Motorsports, with Dave Fuge on hand to serve as his crew chief on the No. 4 Chevrolet. A team release stated that Cassill plans on continuing his full-time work in Sprint Cup next year as well.
Cassill made 23 starts this past season with JDM in Nationwide. His best finish in the No. 4 was 17th, achieved twice at Talladega in the spring and on the road course at Watkins Glen.
- Indy 500 refresher running, RoP gets underway today at IMS 0
- Chevrolet reveals its super speedway aero kit 2
- ARCA driver Brad Smith recovering from ankle surgery after Talladega wreck 0
- 21 years after his death, the legacy of Ayrton Senna burns as brightly as ever 2
- Honda reveals its super speedway aero kit Thursday at IMS (VIDEO) 9
- Ed Carpenter talks Newgarden’s win and preparing for superspeedway aero kit at Indy 4
- FOM confirms proposed 2016 F1 calendar has been leaked 0