Dec 14, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
With the IndyCar Series testing window for 2013 set to close on Friday, Dec. 20, multiple teams are preparing to get some final pre-Christmas sessions in during the coming days.
On Monday, Team Penske’s Juan Pablo Montoya will continue his transition back to open-wheel racing with a test session around the winding Sonoma Raceway in northern California.
Following the conclusion of his NASCAR tenure at Earnhardt Ganassi Racing last month, Montoya has so far tested a Penske IndyCar on the Sebring (Fla.) International Raceway road course (pictured) and most recently on the ovals at Phoenix International Raceway and Auto Club Speedway.
Then on Wednesday, six Honda-powered teams will take part in a manufacturer test at Sebring: A.J. Foyt Racing, Andretti Autosport, Dale Coyne Racing, Rahal Letterman Lanigan, Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports.
On that same day, Mike Conway will also test for the Chevrolet-powered Ed Carpenter Racing. Conway, along with RLL, Fisher/Hartman and SPM, will then return for a second day of Sebring testing on Thursday.
Photo Credit: John Hendrick/INDYCAR
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)