Dec 14, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
With the IndyCar Series testing window for 2013 set to close on Friday, Dec. 20, multiple teams are preparing to get some final pre-Christmas sessions in during the coming days.
On Monday, Team Penske’s Juan Pablo Montoya will continue his transition back to open-wheel racing with a test session around the winding Sonoma Raceway in northern California.
Following the conclusion of his NASCAR tenure at Earnhardt Ganassi Racing last month, Montoya has so far tested a Penske IndyCar on the Sebring (Fla.) International Raceway road course (pictured) and most recently on the ovals at Phoenix International Raceway and Auto Club Speedway.
Then on Wednesday, six Honda-powered teams will take part in a manufacturer test at Sebring: A.J. Foyt Racing, Andretti Autosport, Dale Coyne Racing, Rahal Letterman Lanigan, Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports.
On that same day, Mike Conway will also test for the Chevrolet-powered Ed Carpenter Racing. Conway, along with RLL, Fisher/Hartman and SPM, will then return for a second day of Sebring testing on Thursday.
Photo Credit: John Hendrick/INDYCAR
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)