Dec 14, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
With the IndyCar Series testing window for 2013 set to close on Friday, Dec. 20, multiple teams are preparing to get some final pre-Christmas sessions in during the coming days.
On Monday, Team Penske’s Juan Pablo Montoya will continue his transition back to open-wheel racing with a test session around the winding Sonoma Raceway in northern California.
Following the conclusion of his NASCAR tenure at Earnhardt Ganassi Racing last month, Montoya has so far tested a Penske IndyCar on the Sebring (Fla.) International Raceway road course (pictured) and most recently on the ovals at Phoenix International Raceway and Auto Club Speedway.
Then on Wednesday, six Honda-powered teams will take part in a manufacturer test at Sebring: A.J. Foyt Racing, Andretti Autosport, Dale Coyne Racing, Rahal Letterman Lanigan, Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports.
On that same day, Mike Conway will also test for the Chevrolet-powered Ed Carpenter Racing. Conway, along with RLL, Fisher/Hartman and SPM, will then return for a second day of Sebring testing on Thursday.
Photo Credit: John Hendrick/INDYCAR
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 0
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 2
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)