Dec 15, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
A bit of business news from Daytona Beach…NASCAR has inked leading exhaust company Flowmaster to a multi-year agreement that not only names it as their exclusive performance exhaust but also brings it into the Sprint Cup Series’ contingency program.
Companies involved in the contingency program award money to NASCAR teams following each race and at the end of the season.
The brands represented in the program are found on the front fender of each race car; Flowmaster is the third new company to join the program this year.
“We’re proud to welcome Flowmaster to the NASCAR family because they exemplify the type of reliability our fans have come to expect from NASCAR Performance partners,” NASCAR VP of partnership marketing Norris Scott said in a statement.
“NASCAR teams and contingency sponsors display a level of synergy and teamwork that is unparalleled and continues to be one of the major reasons companies choose to partner with NASCAR.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 1
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2