Dec 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Between Chip Ganassi Racing, Team Penske and Andretti Autosport, the three pre-eminent IndyCar Series teams now have 11 of the 21 cars confirmed for the 2014 season.
The better question, now that each has its lineup confirmed, is whose is best?
A few things to consider for each:
CHIP GANASSI RACING
- KNOWNS: Scott Dixon is widely considered the best all-around driver in the series, Tony Kanaan remains one of the best on ovals, Ryan Briscoe is technically savvy and makes few mistakes, and Charlie Kimball is an emerging star.
- UNKNOWNS: TK’s road and street course qualifying has been off of late, and how he’ll work with Chris Simmons engineering remains to be seen. Briscoe, back in the Ganassi fold full-time for the first time since 2005, should be more consistent but needs to maximize the machinery at his disposal more regularly. Kimball’s qualifying needs to continue to improve, as it did in 2013. How will Dixon and Kimball adjust to the Chevrolet powerplant is another question.
- KNOWNS: Will Power remains a beast on road and street courses, and has seriously upped his oval game. Helio Castroneves has calmed down since this new car was introduced and posted two great back-to-back seasons.
- UNKNOWNS: Juan Pablo Montoya. Is he going to be great, average, adequate or underwhelming? Can Power win consistently on ovals? Can Castroneves ever take home the title?
- KNOWNS: Ryan Hunter-Reay is a champion and should resume title contention with better luck. James Hinchcliffe, Marco Andretti and rookie Carlos Munoz are three of the most exciting drivers to watch.
- UNKNOWNS: Can the team shake off the lackluster second half of 2013 with improved reliability? Will Hinchcliffe mesh with his third different engineer in as many years? Will Andretti win races (plural)? Will Munoz pull a “Montoya ‘99” in starring in his first full year?
It’s mouth-watering to think of the battles between these three teams next year.
Aug 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Russian Grand Prix set to be held in Sochi in six weeks’ time after the track is given a license.
Aug 21, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Catch this sneak preview of Off The Grid: Budapest ahead of tomorrow’s premiere.
Aug 21, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
As impressive as many of F1’s new builds are, we must remember the likes of Spa and Monza when looking to the future of the sport.
Aug 21, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Ferrari’s lead driver has high hopes for the second half of the season.
Aug 21, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The MST writing team makes its predictions ahead of this weekend’s race at Spa.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Hard as it may seem to believe, Brad Keselowski had never won a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in his career. That was before Thursday’s UNOH 200 at Bristol, where Keselowski dominated en route to the checkered flag.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Finnish driver yet to be confirmed at Williams for 2015, but sees no reason to look elsewhere for a seat.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
All your TV times for F1, IndyCar, Red Bull Global Rallycross and more for this weekend’s motorsports action across NBC, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
Chilton benched whilst his contractual issues are resolved, allowing Rossi to become the first American since Scott Speed in 2007 to race in a grand prix.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:17 AM EDT
The rescheduled UNOH 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway is underway Thursday morning.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Three-time Le Mans winner to make his F1 debut with Caterham this weekend at the Belgian Grand Prix.
Aug 21, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Sauber driver is open to the idea of a 17-year-old racing in F1, and hopes to be on the grid with him next season.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Compared to F1 hopefuls and/or retreads, seeing a relative outsider in Andre Lotterer make his debut this weekend is a welcome change of pace.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
After a three-week summer break, what better way to welcome Formula 1 back than with the Belgian Grand Prix?
Aug 20, 2014, 10:11 PM EDT
Wednesday’s UNOH 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway has been postponed due to heavy rain and lightning. The race has been rescheduled to 10 am ET on Thursday morning, weather permitting.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Heavy rain showers coupled with occasional lightning are delaying Wednesday’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Aug 20, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, we looked at the struggles Jimmie Johnson and his team have had over much of the last six weeks.
Aug 20, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, in the continuing absence of Tony Stewart this weekend at Bristol, it was announced that Jeff Burton will drive in his place for the second week in a row.
Aug 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Kyle Busch (who else) earned the No. 1 qualifying position Wednesday afternoon for this evening’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway.
WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 6:30 p.m. ET — Stewart won’t race at Bristol, talk with Jeff Burton, JJ and Harvick
Aug 20, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
We have a huge show for today’s edition of NASCAR America, including the latest on Tony Stewart not racing at Bristol, Jeff Burton back in the No. 14 to replace Stewart, Kevin Harvick’s GoKart race, Jimmie Johnson’s recent struggles. And those are just for starters. Make sure you tune in.
Video from NASCAR America
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0
- Alexander Rossi to make F1 debut in Belgium, replaces Chilton 5
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 5
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 11
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12